Thinking about Nvidia 3070? Worried about your Ryzen 3600?

Rougaroux

Dont be.  Your Ryzen 3600 will work fine with this card.  That doesnt mean that the new Zen 3s coming out wont blow your Zen 2 out of the water in single thread gaming applications.  No one knows enough about them yet to make that call so be patient until we all know whats going on with that.  

Also, if you are running a B350 MOBO like me theoretically it wont pose an issue either so you may not need to fork out money for a new board for that shiny 3070 either.  Once again, we will know more by October for sure but, for now dont sweat it.  If you are strapped for cash and can only throw money at ONE upgrade and you are set up like me with 16GB Ram, B350 MOBO and a Ryzen 3600, the Nvidia 3070 will still be an significant upgrade (depending on what you are trying to upgrade of coarse) if it runs like they are advertising.

The real question for me is, will the 3070 be a big enough upgrade for my 1080 GTX to justify the money.  We will see.

1 post, but a good one

why cant all new members be like that

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

48 minutes ago, Rougaroux said:

Dont be.  Your Ryzen 3600 will work fine with this card.  That doesnt mean that the new Zen 3s coming out wont blow your Zen 2 out of the water in single thread gaming applications.  No one knows enough about them yet to make that call so be patient until we all know whats going on with that.  

Also, if you are running a B350 MOBO like me theoretically it wont pose an issue either so you may not need to fork out money for a new board for that shiny 3070 either.  Once again, we will know more by October for sure but, for now dont sweat it.  If you are strapped for cash and can only throw money at ONE upgrade and you are set up like me with 16GB Ram, B350 MOBO and a Ryzen 3600, the Nvidia 3070 will still be an significant upgrade (depending on what you are trying to upgrade of coarse) if it runs like they are advertising.

The real question for me is, will the 3070 be a big enough upgrade for my 1080 GTX to justify the money.  We will see.

For me I am thinking of going to the 3080 from a EVGA GTX 1060 so it will be an upgrade

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

17 hours ago, Omikse said:

For me I am thinking of going to the 3080 from a EVGA GTX 1060 so it will be an upgrade

I would think that definitely will be a significant upgrade.