Help me choose an itx case for a new build for the living room

Gdourado

Hello,

wih the recent Nvidia announcement I am planning a build around the new 3070 for the living room.

the goal is to be a small, silent and discrete gaming pc that can be on the living room, next to the TV.

I think I have currently shortlisted 3 cases.

the Dan A4, the Jonsbo A4 and the InWin A1 plus.

The Jonsbo looks good, but with the tempered glass side panel, I am afraid it could choke the GPU and be noise.

it can take two bottom 120mm intake fans and 2 top exhaust fans, but the GPU cooler sits behind the glass, so I just don’t know.

the InWin has a good price, comes bundled with a decent gold rated 650W psu.

but I am also uncertain about the thermal performance.

finally the Dan looks great, but I am afraid of temperatures, mainly the CPU as I am planning the build around a 3700X and the Dan has limited cpu cooler clearance.

so, based on this, can you please help me choose?

thank you,

best wishes

Wait for a custom card with a more traditional cooler. Either of the A4 cases, really any vertical GPU mount, is going to be a toaster oven. That goes doubly so if they're a case that separates the GPU from the board via a partition or divider. The air that would normally escape from the card's front fan would be pushed into a literal wall and not able to properly vent.

This is speculation on my part, but I have my doubts about any reference design RTX 3070, 3080 or 3090 being a great choice for any ITX case other than baby towers like the Tu150 and H210. That cooler was designed for an ATX mid-tower imo.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

the InWin should be just fine with thermals, twin bottom fans to force air up right across the GPU and rear exhaust would be a great positive pressure system. If you put in a trio of beQuiet PWM 120mm fans or noctuas it would be dead silent and more than enough airflow. 

really wish they had released that one before I ended up with my CM elite 130 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it