Throttled connection to specific sites

mafioso

I have recently moved to a new place and the internet connection there is very weird.

I can load Google very fast (of course). I can load Facebook super fast as well. I could even watch Youtube 4K videos without a problem.

But I couldn't manage to load github, unity3D pages and a bunch of other pages. What could be the problem behind this?

I don't believe an ISP tries to block certain pages just like this. Or maybe I am wrong.

I live in France and I think the ISP is Free SAS. I don't know if the piece of info helps.

Do you think it might be a DNS problem? My ExpressVPN couldn't connect as well.

I don't know where else to put this thread so I leave it at General Discussion. Please redirect it to the correct place if that matters. Thank you very much.

Mobo: ASRock B150M Pro4s | CPU: Intel core i7 7700 with stock cooler | Storages: 2x80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm + Zotac 120GB | Memory: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury | PSU: 400W HYN 80+ | GPU: PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB | Tower: an old one from the other decade | Monitor: ASUS Widescreen 900p + ViewSonic FHD| Speaker: microlab

10 minutes ago, mafioso said:

What could be the problem behind this?

It could be a DNS problem,an ISP problem or both.

You can easily change the DNS,

1.1.1.1 is a popular DNS address that you can use.

change-windows-10-dns-settings_2020.jpg

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Thank you for your suggestion, will definitely try out once I reach home.

Mobo: ASRock B150M Pro4s | CPU: Intel core i7 7700 with stock cooler | Storages: 2x80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm + Zotac 120GB | Memory: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury | PSU: 400W HYN 80+ | GPU: PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB | Tower: an old one from the other decade | Monitor: ASUS Widescreen 900p + ViewSonic FHD| Speaker: microlab