Best GPU manufacturer

I'm hoping to get a 3080 when they drop.

The FE cooler might be competent this time.

If I decide to go with a partner card

who is the best manufacturer to buy from?

Also, anybody know if the adapter from two 8 pin

to the new 12 pin on the Founders cards will supply

as much power as a PSU with a 12 pin natively?

9 minutes ago, 01101000 01100101 01111001 said:

I'm not sure if that exists. I'm pretty sure it will likely just be the same on the PSU side with a different cable for modular units. Don't quote me on that though.

10 minutes ago, 01101000 01100101 01111001 said:

I am also getting a 3080, and I am getting the FE. The cooler just looks too good (like in appearances, no idea how well it functions) imo😂 

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

Once I buy a brand for the first time and don't encounter any problems with them, I'll stick with that brand and not venture out to other brands as I know from experience that the brand I bought from before is reliable/ has nice aesthetics/ good reviews etc. 

There is also a tier list for GPUs just like PSUs that I'll post the link below but of course, new series is not listed yet as they haven't been announced ;).

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Please do yourself a favour and wait what AMD Radeon will bring. I can tell you they will beat the 3080 this time around and if you don't want NVIDIA to take your whole wallet instead of only the money, wait what prices competition will bring. 

You'll be far better off buying an RX 6800XT or RX 6900 if these beat the 3080 at the same price. 

And I wouldn't be sure if you would be able to get one at launch for a decent price. 

I remember an acquaintance told me a friend of his bought two 2080Tis at launch for 2000€ (yes Euros) each so please don't expect this to be any different. 

Cheers!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | RAM: 2*16GB 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver | SSD: 2TB Gigabyte Aorus Gen 4; 500GB Samsung 860 EVO | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Corsair Crystal 680X | Monitor: Eve Spectrum 4K | Keyboard: Logitech G513 Romer-G Tactile | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed

1 hour ago, agent2 said:

Please do yourself a favour and wait what AMD Radeon will bring. I can tell you they will beat the 3080 this time around and if you don't want NVIDIA to take your whole wallet instead of only the money, wait what prices competition will bring. 

You'll be far better off buying an RX 6800XT or RX 6900 if these beat the 3080 at the same price. 

And I wouldn't be sure if you would be able to get one at launch for a decent price. 

I remember an acquaintance told me a friend of his bought two 2080Tis at launch for 2000€ (yes Euros) each so please don't expect this to be any different. 

Cheers!

I won’t be participating in that driver shit show again. The 5700xt gave me more issues then all the other nvidia cards I’ve used combined from the last 13 years. It can be 10% faster and priced $100 lower then nvidia and I’ll buy the nvidia card. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

2 hours ago, agent2 said:

can tell you they will beat the 3080 this time around

Make up your mind lol

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Make up your mind lol

I was talking about pricing mister. I am still of the opinion that RDNA2 will beat the shit out of the 3080. But the price will do most of the talking. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | RAM: 2*16GB 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver | SSD: 2TB Gigabyte Aorus Gen 4; 500GB Samsung 860 EVO | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Corsair Crystal 680X | Monitor: Eve Spectrum 4K | Keyboard: Logitech G513 Romer-G Tactile | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed

4 minutes ago, agent2 said:

I was talking about pricing mister. I am still of the opinion that RDNA2 will beat the shit out of the 3080. But the price will do most of the talking. 

Well just an opinion is meaningless considering you, me and all of the other consumers don't know what Ampere and RDNA2 will offer.

Either way, claiming that AMD will suddenly be competing in the top-end with Nvidia, taking into account the past 6 or so years in the GPU industry, is a pretty bold prediction. I wouldn't bank on it personally.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

They very well may. I'm choosing Nvidia due to driver stability and also application support.

(as well as my current GPU being borrowed so I can't really wait much 😂)

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

15 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I won’t be participating in that driver shit show again. The 5700xt gave me more issues then all the other nvidia cards I’ve used combined from the last 13 years. It can be 10% faster and priced $100 lower then nvidia and I’ll buy the nvidia card. 

What broken OS are you using that you only have problems? My 5700XT hasn't had a single issue even when booting Windows from an HDD (I dual boot Linux and macOS and there it's flawless too) so please don't whine at me about it. You really think NVIDIA will give you more bang for your buck with LAUNCH prices with nearly all games in the future are going to be optimised for RDNA GPUs? 

3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Well just an opinion is meaningless considering you, me and all of the other consumers don't know what Ampere and RDNA2 will offer.

Either way, claiming that AMD will suddenly be competing in the top-end with Nvidia, taking into account the past 6 or so years in the GPU industry, is a pretty bold prediction. I wouldn't bank on it personally.

So the AMD RTG pulled the 50% perf/watt number out of their arse? The IPC gain is real (instruction set change), so you think with superior effiency (what AMD RTG haven't had the upper hand over in years) and all that they cant win over a cut-down 102-die?

2 minutes ago, agent2 said:

So the AMD RTG pulled the 50% perf/watt number out of their arse? 

When'd they say that? 

3 minutes ago, agent2 said:

The IPC gain is real (instruction set change), so you think with superior effiency (what AMD RTG haven't had the upper hand over in years) and all that they cant win over a cut-down 102-die?

Again, you're talking about these things as if they're actually confirmed and tested, when they're not. What are you basing the "superior efficiency" claim on?

20 hours ago, 01101000 01100101 01111001 said:

Every AIB card maker have good and bad models. Wait for ampere to release in the first place and then look at AIB models. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

9 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

When'd they say that? 

Well I guess someone didn't watch AMD's Financial Analyst Day. David Wang (RTG) showed the slide himself. 

9 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Again, you're talking about these things as if they're actually confirmed and tested, when they're not. What are you basing the "superior efficiency" claim on?

The XBOX SX is powering an octa-core Zen 2 AND 56CU RDNA2 GPU in a power envelope of 200W. Plus those 1800MHz are way below RDNA2's efficiency curve. 

And if you'd had known the current RDNA cards still utilize the GCN instruction set so changing the instruction set to optimize for RDNA will bump the IPC. 

So a general improvement to the utilization of the shaders will give AMD RTG the upper hand in efficiency over "Thermi 3.0". 

Oh yeah did I mention a massive increase of cache? (IPC factor)

20 hours ago, 01101000 01100101 01111001 said:

If I decide to go with a partner card

Also, anybody know if the adapter from two 8 pin

to the new 12 pin on the Founders cards will supply

all of the cards are great

just make sure you go with a triple fan version like a wf3/gaming oc/strix etc etc

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

20 minutes ago, agent2 said:

What broken OS are you using that you only have problems? My 5700XT hasn't had a single issue even when booting Windows from an HDD (I dual boot Linux and macOS and there it's flawless too) so please don't whine at me about it. You really think NVIDIA will give you more bang for your buck with LAUNCH prices with nearly all games in the future are going to be optimised for RDNA GPUs? 

I'm happy you never had issues with your 5700xt but there are tons of people who have had issues. Whine to you about it? Get off your Amd high horse. People like you raved about the 5700 xt so I got one and I had more issues with it then I had over a decade with all the nvidia cards I used put together. I paid $437 for the card and sold it for $300.

I'm glad you had a better experience then I did. When the card worked performance was amazing, unfortunately I had a lot of issues and got tired of dealing with it.

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

12 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I'm happy you never had issues with your 5700xt but there are tons of people who have had issues. Whine to you about it? Get off your Amd high horse. People like you raved about the 5700 xt so I got one and I had more issues with it then I had over a decade with all the nvidia cards I used put together. I paid $437 for the card and sold it for $300.

I'm glad you had a better experience then I did. When the card worked performance was amazing, unfortunately I had a lot of issues and got tired of dealing with it.

Going to also say was helping a friend with her build, and when she told me she got a 5700xt after she had an Nvidia 1070 I was like noooooooo. Mostly because of my own experiences with AMD cards, had 2 and they were arguably the worst GPU's I have ever owned. Guess what? She had an issue with drivers/defective card 3 days in and I told her I was not surprised in the slightest. Another friend also got one he likes to stream a lot and I told him he was making a HUGE mistake because of AMD's encoder being broken and not on par with NVENC. What did he do? He sold that 5700xt and got a 2070 super. Have they gotten better? Sure have but I wouldn't even take a chance with them again. CPU's thats another story because Ryzen has actually been pretty awesome to see and work with but anyway, I have had 0 problems with any Nvidia card I have worked with since building PC's for the last 10 years. To each their own. 

14 minutes ago, TommyTwoPockets said:

Going to also say was helping a friend with her build, and when she told me she got a 5700xt after she had an Nvidia 1070 I was like noooooooo. Mostly because of my own experiences with AMD cards, had 2 and they were arguably the worst GPU's I have ever owned. Guess what? She had an issue with drivers/defective card 3 days in and I told her I was not surprised in the slightest. Another friend also got one he likes to stream a lot and I told him he was making a HUGE mistake because of AMD's encoder being broken and not on par with NVENC. What did he do? He sold that 5700xt and got a 2070 super. Have they gotten better? Sure have but I wouldn't even take a chance with them again. CPU's thats another story because Ryzen has actually been pretty awesome to see and work with but anyway, I have had 0 problems with any Nvidia card I have worked with since building PC's for the last 10 years. To each their own. 

This is like people eternally shitting on first-gen Ryzen because it was also a completely new platform. Would you have given Zen 1 so much shit and vowed never to buy AMD again? Then we would still be in the dumpster fire that's Intel holding a Monopoly. But no we finally have the biggest of competition in the CPU market and that's because Zen 1 teething issues didn't deter buyers to buy what was better multi-core perf. and more cores and ultimately the better product. 

So you are willing to shit on the GPU market too and let NVIDIA command how many thousands of dollars they pull through your nose? 

Be my guest.

I ran a ryzen 1700x until the 3600 came out. I game at 1440p and the cpu isn't that big of an issue at that resolution so no I didn't give Zen 1 shit about being slower. I really didn't need to get the 3600 to tell you the truth, I only bought it to help out a friend that I gave the 1700x to since he was on a tight budget.

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

5 minutes ago, agent2 said:

This is like people eternally shitting on first-gen Ryzen because it was also a completely new platform. Would you have given Zen 1 so much shit and vowed never to buy AMD again? Then we would still be in the dumpster fire that's Intel holding a Monopoly. But no we finally have the biggest of competition in the CPU market and that's because Zen 1 teething issues didn't deter buyers to buy what was better multi-core perf. and more cores and ultimately the better product. 

So you are willing to shit on the GPU market too and let NVIDIA command how many thousands of dollars they pull through your nose? 

Be my guest.

Sure Zen 1 was really rough for AMD but they turned it around and I am happy for them. Heck my girlfriend and her sisters PC's are off the Ryzen 3000s series. Not saying they "can't" more or less that over the years problems still arise with their GPUs again I had 2 of them & have had friends with AMD cards coming to me saying they shouldn't have switched. Why would you switch to something with less known reliability IMO. That's taking a huge leap of faith, especially if you are comfortable with what you know and have. Just mostly opinion let's see if they can fix their encoder and other issues this time around but I can tell you I won't hold my breath.