no pcie cover underneath gpu. Could this create unwanted dust in my pc?

Eclipse247

Hi i just got a new gpu the 2060 super gaming x and its a dual slot card but its quite thick so I had to take out the WiFi card in the slot underneath it. I dont have the pcie slot cover that was meant to go there so I was wondering if because of this could my gpu pull dust from outside of the case or not? Sorry if this is a stupid question im just curious 

Most case have vented pcie slot covers anyway so I doubt it will make much of a difference. 

Quote or tag me @Lemtea so I can see your reply. 

PSU Tier List

DAYBREAK: R5 5600X | SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 6700XT | 32GB RAM | 1TB 970 EVO PLUSCRUCIAL MX200 1TB SSD | 4TB HDD | CORSAIR TX650M | PURE BASE 500DX | Win 10
FIRESTARTER: I5 760 @ 4.0GHZ | XFX R9 280X DD | 8GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX500 250GB SSD | OCZ ZX 1000W | CM 690 IIIWin 10
KEYBOARD & MOUSE | CORSAIR STRAFE RGB (MX RED) | GLORIOUS MODEL D | STEELSERIES QCK XXL
LAPTOP: DELL XPS 15 9570 i7 8750H | GTX 1050TI MAX Q | 16GB RAM | 500GB PCIE SSD | 4K TOUCHSCREEN Win 10 PRO

depends if your case is positive or negative pressure

but overall, it doesnt make much of a difference really

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

These covers don't have any dust filters anyway, so there shouldn't be any difference.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Hello,

I am an avid gamer myself and I've always thought about maintaining a clean case, but I always end up with dust particles. I run my gaming device for about 12 hours a day and this results in me cleaning it at least once a month. I do clean my PC by completely stripping it down once a year. I don't thing the lack of pcie cover makes any difference; so, all you need to do is clean yours once in a while and you should be good to go.

I really hope this helps solve your issue. Cheers!

I don't think it will make any difference dust wise. The thing that would bug me is that bugs might get into it through the empty slot.

I had this problem once and I just tore apart an old device and took the cover from it to fill the empty slot.

You can buy slot covers online.