Ryzen 2600x Temperature Question

Go to solution Solved by Uptivuptiz,
Just now, CeePeeBee said:

I thought it should be a little lower myself. I know it's not scary high by any means, and under load I don't hit anything that worries me.

Perhaps Air Cooling would provide a better option but it wouldn't look as nice :D 

Air cooling would yield the same result. If you want the temp to go down the only option is to ramp up fan/pump speed. Or you can try undervolting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi all,

I have a Deepcool Captain 240PRO V2 rad/pump on my 2600x and whilst temps are kept under control, idling I'm still jumping anywhere from high 30s when just booted to 50C when a few things open but doing nothing.

Fan curve is tuned for quietness which might be the issue. They idle at around 600rpm. Setup is two 120mm intakes on the rad at the front of a NZXT S340 Elite (I know, not much intake there). 1 exhaust on the rear, and 1 exhaust on the top. Intakes are meshed and all fans are Corsair ML-120 Pro.

I have thought about changing the flow of air so that it's back to front as exhausting hot air might be easier at the front than the rear. Open to suggestions.

50ish degrees is normal idle temps for Ryzen CPUs.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

50ish degrees is normal idle temps for Ryzen CPUs.

I thought it should be a little lower myself. I know it's not scary high by any means, and under load I don't hit anything that worries me.

Perhaps Air Cooling would provide a better option but it wouldn't look as nice :D 

Just now, CeePeeBee said:

Air cooling would yield the same result. If you want the temp to go down the only option is to ramp up fan/pump speed. Or you can try undervolting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yeah ryzen idles a bit high. don't worry about it. if you're below 90 under stress test, it's fine

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

yeah ryzen idles a bit high. don't worry about it. if you're below 90 under stress test, it's fine

Oh I'm not worried about it at all - just wondered if I could get it any lower.