Playing 2 Videos Causing Stutters?

So I put a benchmark video on my second monitor with the video being 2160p60 while I am watching a debate on my main screen, which is in 1080p60. But whenever I have both videos fullscreened, I will get the occasional freexzign of both videos... I honestly don't see how this can be happening.

1. I have a 8 core Ryzen 7 3700x 
  2. 32 Gigabytes of DDR4 ram (3200MHz)
  3. an RTX 2080 SUPER
  4. 858.7 Mbps down, 54.3 Mbps up

Any ideas of what could be causing this issue???

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OC RAM: 32GB 3200mHz Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Display: Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27" (2560p x 1440p) NVIDIA G-SYNC IPS MOBO: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK STORAGE: 120GB SSD boot drive, 10tb USB 3.0 Seagate game drive PSU: 650w Corsair CX CASE: NZXT H500i

does it work when you reduce the quality or play it back locally?

lots of things, could be overclocking issues, could be handling of fullscreen in windows. If it's on a consistent periodic basis it could be windows scheduling junk being stupid...

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

2 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

lots of things, could be overclocking issues, could be handling of fullscreen in windows. If it's on a consistent periodic basis it could be windows scheduling junk being stupid...

im willing to bet simply running a video in a browser with that much throughput and clicking away from it just reduces the amount of resources the browser uses in deselected windows causing it to run bad. Basically could be solved by just playing it back locally or running it at 1080

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

does it work when you reduce the quality or play it back locally?

Okay, so I wanted to totally stress test it. I set 2 vids (8k 60fps) and it was decently smooth (then again, I only ran it for about 2 minutes. The issue might arise when the videos have been playing for awhile 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OC RAM: 32GB 3200mHz Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Display: Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27" (2560p x 1440p) NVIDIA G-SYNC IPS MOBO: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK STORAGE: 120GB SSD boot drive, 10tb USB 3.0 Seagate game drive PSU: 650w Corsair CX CASE: NZXT H500i

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

im willing to bet simply running a video in a browser with that much throughput and clicking away from it just reduces the amount of resources the browser uses in deselected windows causing it to run bad. Basically could be solved by just playing it back locally or running it at 1080

that might be it, the window that wasn't "active" was the window that started buffering first. Then, the other window would start buffering a few seconds later.

1 minute ago, Redrooster said:

Okay, so I wanted to totally stress test it.

Yeah but thats less of a stress test for you and more a stress test for the internet infrastructure between your house and the server.

If you wanna stress test your setup then run them locally.

If you wanna be disappointed in your isp then continue as you are

2 hours ago, Redrooster said:

So I put a benchmark video on my second monitor with the video being 2160p60 while I am watching a debate on my main screen, which is in 1080p60. But whenever I have both videos fullscreened, I will get the occasional freexzign of both videos... I honestly don't see how this can be happening.

1. I have a 8 core Ryzen 7 3700x 
  2. 32 Gigabytes of DDR4 ram (3200MHz)
  3. an RTX 2080 SUPER
  4. 858.7 Mbps down, 54.3 Mbps up

Any ideas of what could be causing this issue???

4k60 could easily exceed 60 mbps and full hd easily exceed 10 Mbps

So we are talking about at least 70 mbps... which may throttle your modem/router CPU or your wifi cant deliver that steadily (or you have crappy capable or 100 mbit lan router) . 

I would start from there because otherwise your internet connection and hardware seems fine. 

Also where are those videos coming from? maybe the server cant provide that speed to you. 

Last but not least check if you are using some sort of proxy which could bottleneck you as well (or use p2p downloads which defenately will throttle your modem/router's cpu) 

1 hour ago, Redrooster said:

that might be it, the window that wasn't "active" was the window that started buffering first. Then, the other window would start buffering a few seconds later.

how to you make both windows active in this case?

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

the main reason why video run smooth at all is that all GPU´s come with hardware decoders so they can decode in real time without much effort.

The limitation here is that this is typically limited to certain resolutions/fps/bitrates.

lower end or older GPU´s typically have decoders for 1080p60 with like 30mbit/s bitrate max.

Once you go above that you end up with software decoding which means your CPU is going to decode which is very slow.

it could very well be that your GPU is not able to use its hardware decoder for both of these videos so one of them ends up on the CPU and this decoding is usually single core only.