Best Budget CPU Cooler

Lamaj4Lif3

Budget (including currency): $75 or less

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: playing rb6

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

The Hyper 212 RGB Black (if you already have it) should be good enough, but the best cooler in that price range is the Fuma 2 for $60. There's also the Thermalright Macho Rev.B as an option for $52.

Personally (as you can see in my sig) I would go Fuma 2.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

1 minute ago, MrBrightSyde said:

The Hyper 212 RGB Black (if you already have it) should be good enough, but the best cooler in that price range is the Fuma 2 for $60. There's also the Thermalright Macho Rev.B as an option for $52.

Thank you 

23 minutes ago, MrBrightSyde said:

damn dude I didnt know that cooler existed thats really great value for a double tower @ $60 

59 minutes ago, Lamaj4Lif3 said:

Budget (including currency): $75 or less

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: playing rb6

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QMK5R45/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=A1K48CS0K3BRLW&psc=1

Scythe Fuma 2. Done deal. Take everybody else's advice, It's just amazing. 

It performs as well as a noctua dh-15 or whatever, Dark rock pro, ect. ect. At about 3/5 the cost. On a side note, I would like to tell you that for that price, you really shouldn't be focusing on RGB ram, b550, and $60 coolers. I'd personally put the saved money into a better gpu (5700 with a non-stock cooler (dont buy the AMD blower version), and upgrade the PSU to something I'm not worried may blow up (jk, It's decent, but seriously. 450w non-modular and GOLD rating? C'mon), and get same actual case fans in my case (arctic p12 value pack of 5 fans). Otherwise, decent build Happy building!

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

the included cooler with the cpu

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c
750w dragon or something psu idk

1 hour ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QMK5R45/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=A1K48CS0K3BRLW&psc=1

Scythe Fuma 2. Done deal. Take everybody else's advice, It's just amazing. 

It performs as well as a noctua dh-15 or whatever, Dark rock pro, ect. ect. At about 3/5 the cost. On a side note, I would like to tell you that for that price, you really shouldn't be focusing on RGB ram, b550, and $60 coolers. I'd personally put the saved money into a better gpu (5700 with a non-stock cooler (dont buy the AMD blower version), and upgrade the PSU to something I'm not worried may blow up (jk, It's decent, but seriously. 450w non-modular and GOLD rating? C'mon), and get same actual case fans in my case (arctic p12 value pack of 5 fans). Otherwise, decent build Happy building!

So you'd suggest getting ASUS RX 5700XT STRIX OC? Whats the difference between modular and non. ? BitFenix Gold 450w Gold is that enough not to blow up 😅? Should I go with the Corsair Vengence LTX then for RAM?

Wraith Prism someone didnt use with their system. Free from a buddy that went water cooling maybe??

Non-modular means all the cables are in one mess, if you dont use them, you stuff them somewhere. Semi modular means you can controls about 1/2 of the cabels you use, fully modular is you have full control over the cables. If you don't use one, you can just unplug it. imho the XFX 5700xt Thicc III ultra is the best card, but other ones can work too. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

The 212 black is fine, I have it on my HTPC and it works great. But why do you have a micro-ATX board in an ATX case, I woudn't do that

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

18 hours ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

The 212 black is fine, I have it on my HTPC and it works great. But why do you have a micro-ATX board in an ATX case, I woudn't do that

I thought that micro atx is compatible with atx ?

On 8/23/2020 at 1:01 AM, Lamaj4Lif3 said:

So you'd suggest getting ASUS RX 5700XT STRIX OC? Whats the difference between modular and non. ? BitFenix Gold 450w Gold is that enough not to blow up 😅? Should I go with the Corsair Vengence LTX then for RAM?

& my goal is to get