Questions on updating bios for new processor

I want to upgrade from a Ryzen 5 1600 to a Ryzen 7 3700x. The motherboard I'm using is a MSI B350M Gaming Pro Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard. PCPartPicker says that I might need a bios update for my motherboard to work with the new processor. I looked on msinfo32 and it says that my bios version/date is this: American Megatrends Inc. 2.80, 8/1/2017. Will I actually need to update my bios? If so, how do I do that and make sure that I'm getting the correct version for my processor? 

Another question I have is what will happen to my bios once I update it. It looks like MSI uses some kind of custom UI in the bios, compared to the simple blue and grey  bios you see when you search up "american megatrends bios" on google. If I update my bios, will it switch to that blue and grey bios or will it keep the MSI user interface?

Yes, you’ll need to update. The 3700X didn’t exist in 2017 so the board won’t recognize it, which means it won’t do anything.

you have to download the latest BIOS from MSI. This might be a beta version as X370 and B350 never got full support through a “stable” version.

once downloaded, extract it and put the files onto a flash drive formatted as FAT32 and reboot the PC. Go into your BIOS and open MFlash. Browse to the BIOS update file and update. 

Your BIOS might look different from before since there’s not enough room to fit both the new processor microcode and the existing flashy BIOS.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Yes you will. Download 7A39v2NR(Beta version) which is the latest. 

Bios page

It's simple. Use a empty USB stick, unzip the bios file and put the file onto the usb stick. Go through Bios and update via usb stick. Let the update do it's thing. 

Don't put in your new CPU until updating. Use the 1600. 

11 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Yes you will. Download 7A39v2NR(Beta version) which is the latest. 

Bios page

It's simple. Use a empty USB stick, unzip the bios file and put the file onto the usb stick. Go through Bios and update via usb stick. Let the update do it's thing. 

Don't put in your new CPU until updating. Use the 1600. 

Will I still be able to use the 1600 even after the update?

2 minutes ago, Thunderkit said:

Will I still be able to use the 1600 even after the update?

Yes. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro