New CPU, No Post (DRAM Led On)

Hi, I recently upgraded my cpu from a Ryzen 7 2700x to a Ryzen 9 3900x and attempted to boot up my PC. But to my surprise all of the leds turned on but there was no display on my monitor. My motherboard is telling me by the DRAM led staying on is that there may be an issue with my ram (4x8gb 3000mhz Corsair Vengence RGB Pro). Could you please help me figure out what the cause may be? Oh and here's my motherboard just in case (gigabyte b450 aorus m). Thank You. {sorry if that was too formal I'm new here}

3EE77542-A534-4974-BC52-6A63CE36A218.jpeg

1 minute ago, Broomsticc said:

Hi, I recently upgraded my cpu from a Ryzen 7 2700x to a Ryzen 9 3900x and attempted to boot up my PC. But to my surprise all of the leds turned on but there was no display on my monitor. My motherboard is telling me by the DRAM led staying on is that there may be an issue with my ram (4x8gb 3000mhz Corsair Vengence RGB Pro). Could you please help me figure out what the cause may be? Oh and here's my motherboard just in case (gigabyte b450 aorus m). Thank You. {sorry if that was too formal I'm new here}

3EE77542-A534-4974-BC52-6A63CE36A218.jpeg

Have you updated your BIOS?

First update your BIOS (with your old CPU as the new one obvi won’t let you into BIOS), and if that doesn’t work try and get it booted with just a single stick of RAM. Or, just try and clear CMOS with the new CPU in then try and boot. Either way though, definitely make sure your on the latest BIOS. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

4 minutes ago, Broomsticc said:

How long ago did you buy the motherboard? It's possible you got it before they started shipping B450 boards with third gen ryzen compatibility out of the box. If so, you'll need to do a BIOS update to make it work with your new CPU. Just put the old CPU back in and update to the newest BIOS available and see if that fixes anything.

Unless of course you already updated the BIOS in which case I don't know what's going on. Clearing CMOS is a good place to start if it doesn't work after a BIOS update though

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

Thanks for the reply. I bought this motherboard late 2019 and the specs tell me that it is ryzen 3000 series compatible. But the the thing about the old processor...well, I may have bent a few pins.

8 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

Have you updated your BIOS?

First update your BIOS (with your old CPU as the new one obvi won’t let you into BIOS), and if that doesn’t work try and get it booted with just a single stick of RAM. Or, just try and clear CMOS with the new CPU in then try and boot. Either way though, definitely make sure your on the latest BIOS. 

Thanks for replying. Sadly I've tried all of my ram sticks one by one with no boot. Even worse I may have bent three pins on my old cpu and my pc wont even turn on with it in. Even if I somehow made it work I'm pretty sure my mobo is on the latest bios.

FBD853B3-A769-4025-BB16-84D7DC8D1A17.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Broomsticc said:

Thanks for replying. Sadly I've tried all of my ram sticks one by one with no boot. Even worse I may have bent three pins on my old cpu and my pc wont even turn on with it in. Even if I somehow made it work I'm pretty sure my mobo is on the latest bios.

FBD853B3-A769-4025-BB16-84D7DC8D1A17.jpeg

Are you sure it’s on the latest bios?

Also, you can carefully bend those back...

Reset CMOS. That’s really all I can say at this point. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

18 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

Are you sure it’s on the latest bios?

Also, you can carefully bend those back...

Reset CMOS. That’s really all I can say at this point. 

Will do. Thanks again.