Looking for New Headphones

jiyeon

Hi, so I'm into looking for some new headphones, since sometimes my FiiO FH5s get a bit irritable in my ears after a long period of use, and they can be a bit fiddly when I get up from my desk and have to re-insert my IEMs after the fact. It's just not practical and deters me from getting up to go get water or to use the bathroom or something.

Thus I've decided it might be better for me to invest in new headphones for times when I don't want to use my speakers, but still want to get audio directly to my head.

A few criteria:

• Budget no more than £150 at the max
  • Ideally purchable from Amazon UK for convenience
  • Wired preferred
  • No mic required (ergo, no gaming headsets)

Now onto my sound preference:

As you can tell, I love K-pop so it might be easy to recommend me a highs-biased set of cans such as the DT 990s, but I also like metal and rock too so that might throw a monkey wrench a bit for any potential recommendations.

I should note that I use a PCIe soundcard - the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx - so I am able to EQ a bit if needed.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations/advice!

EDIT: Not to be a pest, but I wouldn't like any blanket recommendations based off "Oh she likes highs so I'll recommend X", I'd like if the recommendations were actually true to the music I've listed, as those are representatives of the type of music I listen to.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Open or closed?

13 minutes ago, sowon said:

Probably open, I like the idea of having a wider array of sound around my ears.

For the benefit of those with similar interests, but not in A.S.S., the recommendation consensus is the DT880 250ohm.

For Kpop and jpop and such I'm pretty partial to Harman compliant headphones and iems so you might be into the akg k371 or k361. The 371's more bassy quality is my preferred headphone of the 2 , 

6 hours ago, sowon said:

Hi, so I'm into looking for some new headphones, since sometimes my FiiO FH5s get a bit irritable in my ears after a long period of use, and they can be a bit fiddly when I get up from my desk and have to re-insert my IEMs after the fact. It's just not practical and deters me from getting up to go get water or to use the bathroom or something.

Thus I've decided it might be better for me to invest in new headphones for times when I don't want to use my speakers, but still want to get audio directly to my head.

A few criteria:

• Budget no more than £150 at the max
  • Ideally purchable from Amazon UK for convenience
  • Wired preferred
  • No mic required (ergo, no gaming headsets)

Now onto my sound preference:

As you can tell, I love K-pop so it might be easy to recommend me a highs-biased set of cans such as the DT 990s, but I also like metal and rock too so that might throw a monkey wrench a bit for any potential recommendations.

I should note that I use a PCIe soundcard - the Sound Blaster Audigy Fx - so I am able to EQ a bit if needed.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations/advice!

EDIT: Not to be a pest, but I wouldn't like any blanket recommendations based off "Oh she likes highs so I'll recommend X", I'd like if the recommendations were actually true to the music I've listed, as those are representatives of the type of music I listen to.

You can check some good headphones compared here

8 minutes ago, Satanic said:

You can check some good headphones compared here

Did you not read?

6 hours ago, sowon said:

I wouldn't like any blanket recommendations based off "Oh she likes highs so I'll recommend X", I'd like if the recommendations were actually true to the music I've listed, as those are representatives of the type of music I listen to.

6 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

For the benefit of those with similar interests, but not in A.S.S., the recommendation consensus is the DT880 250ohm.

What if I'm into A.S.S? The DT880 250ohm will still be mine!

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Just now, sowon said:

What if I'm into A.S.S?

You've been deep into it this whole time.