New Xbox and Other Console Leaks (prices and release dates)

Summary

A new Xbox has been spotted in the internal system of the retailer Target. It is called the Xbox One S 1 Tb V2 and will retail for $300. Nothing is known about it other than it is the 2nd version of the Xbox One S. Many are speculating this is the Series S that is expected to launch alongside the Series X. However, recent leaks (see below) make this seem to be a simple renaming or maybe small upgrade to the One S that is currently available.

A tweet by Roberto Serrano was also published today detailing the prices and release dates of the upcoming consoles. Roberto is saying this is more than a speculation or rumor. According to the tweet, the Series S will be launching on November 5th for $400 and the Series X on the 6th from $500. He also says that both the PS5 and PS5 Digital will release on November 13th for $500 and $400 respectively.

Quotes

(New Xbox Tweet)

(Console Pricing and Release Dates Tweet)

My thoughts

This is very interesting. I think the Xbox One S V2 is simply a renaming to show which consoles were out before a certain date (in this case the launch of the new consoles). But I could see it coming with some changes although I cant figure out any that it would be. These prices for the new consoles are definitely better than I was expecting based on earlier rumors pricing them significantly higher. I also think the release dates are fairly plausible because that is right before the holiday season.

For those who dont know, Target is a very large retailer in the US so it makes sense they would have an update to their system fairly quickly.

Sources

New Xbox Tweet

Console Pricing and Release Dates Tweet

KitGuru - Xbox One S V2

NotebookCheck - Console Pricing and Release Dates

Edited by zeusthemoose

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

I suspect the Xbox One S V2 might just be a re-SKUing of the current Xbox One S to account for the Xbox Series X (and the potential Series S) coming too. Could also be a new bundle for the system, too.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

We do know that Microsoft does want to keep the Xbox One S(XOS) for another year or two to help with the transition to next-gen...but the $300 price point seems quite large...

If the $300 price is true for the XOS, then I don't doubt we'll see XSS for $350-$450 and the XSX for $500 or more.

The rumor of $600 for the XSX seems to be more and more likely every day.

Wonder if Xbox Live Gold will be free to compensate...

Dont know what calendar ur using but in mine the 11th month is November, not October.

Anyway if the ps5 is really gonna be $500 then thats great, expected higher...

I have no signature

2 hours ago, Helly said:

Dont know what calendar ur using but in mine the 11th month is November, not October.

Brain fart. Thanks for pointing that out, just fixed it.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

So much talks about prices of upcoming consoles always... They'll cost around the price range as always. Big deal. Really if they costed $1000 I'm sure it would be worth it to those that play on console. 

Phones cost up to $2000.......... Phooooooones....... 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

16 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Phones cost up to $2000.......... Phooooooones....... 

Phones over 300 dollars at this point are more of a fashion accessory than anything else so it makes sense. Consoles, for all that the Wars are waged, are not.

3 hours ago, KyberKylo77 said:

Damn, 400$ for digital is such a good deal

Maybe a 3-6 game difference depending on how often you wait for games to go on sale. Or you could probably use that extra 100 to double the storage.

Just like with the Xbox One generation telling players to buy a 360 E if they want to play offline, we might see Microsoft respond to criticism of the Series X pricing with go buy a Xbox One S V2, assuming the Series S isn't a thing or still costs too much because of the SSD.