Special request for a PC speaker system

I have a friend who is legally deaf, and wanting to find a PC speaker system that might play nicely with his hearing aids. He's currently using a pair of Astro A40s, though his selection was mostly based on comfort and control at the time of purchase. He says audio provided by the A40s is good enough for him to enjoy music and talk over Skype, but he's wanting a speaker solution when he feels like taking them off. I know speakers will never capture the quality and direct sound as headsets in most cases, but...

With this in mind...

Higher frequencies he doesn't do too well with as the audio becomes incredibly indistinct and starts to blend. Bass, however, he can hear fine. Lower frequencies seem to not muddy up for him.  Another example would be; When I speak he can understand me very easily. When my girlfriend speaks to him, he has a hard time distinguishing her voice apart from other people.

For these kind of details... I'm at a complete loss on what to recommend, if there really is much of a difference at all within this price range or any price range. Familiarity is out the window with me on this one. I'm mostly looking at 2.1 sound systems that have somewhat directional speakers with an inline bass and treble controller.

Any recommendations for anything like any of this?

Appreciate any and all answers, everyone. Thanks a ton, fam!

- Ape

EDIT: Thanks, Dizmo. Anything $200-ish or less. My bad, completely overlooked that detail.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

You didn't give a price range ;)

Honestly though I don't think it'll matter a great deal which system you get. Wouldn't it largely depend on what the games sounds are originally? 

Maybe just change the EQ so it's more bass heavy.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

You didn't give a price range ;)

Honestly though I don't think it'll matter a great deal which system you get. Wouldn't it largely depend on what the games sounds are originally? 

Maybe just change the EQ so it's more bass heavy.

Kind of what I'm thinking as well. More EQ control as opposed to the actual speaker system itself. Still thought it'd be worth asking around as I spend majority of my day lurking the LTT forums.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Kind of what I'm thinking as well. More EQ control as opposed to the actual speaker system itself. Still thought it'd be worth asking around as I spend majority of my day lurking the LTT forums.

You and me both.

That's not to say a more bassy speaker set up isn't out there though.

For the price range you said, I'd take a look at Swan's speaker systems. They have bass control via a knob on the back of the woofer though, not inline.

I can't think of any other 2.1 systems in the price range though I'm sure there's lots.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

You and me both.

That's not to say a more bassy speaker set up isn't out there though.

For the price range you said, I'd take a look at Swan's speaker systems. They have bass control via a knob on the back of the woofer though, not inline.

I can't think of any other 2.1 systems in the price range though I'm sure there's lots.

Holy crap, these speaker systems are insanely well reviewed. I'm looking at some reviews on the M10 series and... Regarding price/performance, at least from what people are saying in reviews, these might be perfect. We'll continue doing some research on their products and similars, but these Swan systems seem like they have a lot of happy customers.

Thanks a ton for the recommendation, dizmo. I'll post up what he decides.

Regards!

Just a thought, My wife is a teacher and has a student in her class that requires hearing aides,  The hearing aides are fitted with a receiver and my wife wears a lapel mic attached to transmitter so her student can hear her directly over the noise of the class.

It might be worth looking into this type of setup, then essentially your friend can plug his ears directly into the pc, adjust the eq for the best results without all the issues of headphone comport or the complexities that can arise from setting up speakers in a room to sound right for hearing aides.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just a thought, My wife is a teacher and has a student in her class that requires hearing aides,  The hearing aides are fitted with a receiver and my wife wears a lapel mic attached to transmitter so her student can hear her directly over the noise of the class.

It might be worth looking into this type of setup, then essentially your friend can plug his ears directly into the pc, adjust the eq for the best results without all the issues of headphone comport or the complexities that can arise from setting up speakers in a room to sound right for hearing aides.

That's potentially a fantastic idea. The comfort alone might be the deal maker. He is always complaining that it's either massive circumaural headsets or nothing. I'll definitely show him your post and look into it some more.

Thanks a lot for the idea and input, Moose.

Regards!