Mystic Light does not appear in Dragon Center

Go to solution Solved by Insima,

I found the solution!
Completely uninstall Dragon Center.
And use the OpenRGB software to control the LEDs of the graphic cards.
OpenRGB modifies the default colors of your peripherals at startup, it's just perfect !

https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB

Thanks for your help messages.
^^

Hello,

Since last night I'm tearing my hair out, impossible to make Mystic Light appear in Dragon Center to set the RGB of my PC, with a solution?

For the moment I have completely uninstalled Dragon Center, if by chance you have an alternative software I'm interested :)

Thanks Linus Forum

Welcome to the forums!! 

I thought Mystic Light was its own software, at least on my PC that's how it is. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Yes for GTX 10xx graphics cards but for RTX it is Dragon Center that supports Mystic Light.

2 minutes ago, Insima said:

Yes for GTX 10xx graphics cards but for RTX it is Dragon Center that supports Mystic Light.

I'm not so sure about that, posted a picture on my end with a RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio that I can control RGB on my card with using Mystic Light.

Screenshot (33).png

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

10 minutes ago, Insima said:

Oh!

I'll try with the software but it's strange on the MSI website it says GTX 10xx

https://fr.msi.com/Landing/mystic-light-rgb-gaming-pc/download

Capture.JPG

Strange, I know under Live Update 6, it lists Mystic Light as the software of choice for my RGB controls for motherboard and it works for my RTX card... sometimes they don't update the specifications. 

So, it's good for the NVLINK bridge and the motherboard but I don't have the graphics cards :'(

Capture.JPG

44 minutes ago, Insima said:

Dragon Center, if by chance you have an alternative software I'm interested

too bad msi never care its utilities, dont use it, it doesnt work

15 minutes ago, Insima said:

So, it's good for the NVLINK bridge and the motherboard but I don't have the graphics cards 😢

Capture.JPG

What's your GPU model? 

6 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

too bad msi never care its utilities, dont use it, it doesnt work

I completely uninstall Dragon Center and I'll take over Live Update at least it's easy to use.

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

What's your GPU model? 

MSI RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING X TRIO

2 minutes ago, Insima said:

I completely uninstall Dragon Center and I'll take over Live Update at least it's easy to use.

The only MSI apps I have installed are MSI's App Manager, DPC Latency Tuner, Fast Boot, Gaming Lan Manager, Live Update 6, Mystic Light, and Super Charger. 

Live Update doesn't seem to work for some driver updates such as BIOS updates as they're currently on 7A95v1G on my motherboard and had to install manually with a USB stick, otherwise it doesn't show an update for it. 

4 minutes ago, Insima said:

MSI RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING X TRIO

Strange that the software is not seeing your two cards since I nearly have the same card, except not super edition. Have you tried restarting the computer and seeing if they show? 

8 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

The only MSI apps I have installed are MSI's App Manager, DPC Latency Tuner, Fast Boot, Gaming Lan Manager, Live Update 6, Mystic Light, and Super Charger. 

Live Update doesn't seem to work for some driver updates such as BIOS updates as they're currently on 7A95v1G on my motherboard and had to install manually with a USB stick, otherwise it doesn't show an update for it. 

Strange that the software is not seeing your two cards since I nearly have the same card, except not super edition. Have you tried restarting the computer and seeing if they show? 

I uninstalled Dragon Center and Mystic Light 3.0.0.70, I restarted my pc.
And now I just saw that the version of Mystic Lights available and the 3.0.0.66, I feel like I need a particular version?

Still nothing with Mystic Lights 3.0.0.66.

Capture.JPG

37 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

What's your version of Mystic Light?

I still can't see the graphics cards.

20 hours ago, Insima said:

What's your version of Mystic Light?

I still can't see the graphics cards.

Sorry for getting back to you late, was away from the computer. 

Version of Mystic Light for me is 3.0.0.66. Strange that the software works fine for me but not you.

6 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

Sorry for getting back to you late, was away from the computer. 

Version of Mystic Light for me is 3.0.0.66. Strange that the software works fine for me but not you.

Re,

You have the same version as me, um, I don't know :(
I'm on Windows 10 version 2004 maybe that's the problem?

39 minutes ago, Insima said:

Re,

You have the same version as me, um, I don't know :(
I'm on Windows 10 version 2004 maybe that's the problem?

Strange, I'm on Windows 10 Version 2004 as well. I have Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 with an OS build of 19041.450 

On 8/16/2020 at 9:07 PM, CommanderAlex said:

Strange, I'm on Windows 10 Version 2004 as well. I have Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 with an OS build of 19041.450 

There is an update of Dragon Center (2.0.65.0
) but still not the Mystic Light module which displays :(
I'll have to keep the rainbow RGB ^^

6 hours ago, Insima said:

There is an update of Dragon Center (2.0.65.0
) but still not the Mystic Light module which displays :(
I'll have to keep the rainbow RGB ^^

That stinks, I have no idea why the software doesn't want you to change the RGB profiles...unless other people on the forum have any ideas.

I'm going to give up, MSI doesn't seem to find a solution. He's offering to reinstall Windows 10. XD

I saw that MSI proposes to the developer the SDK of Mystic Light I will see how to make my own software.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the solution!
Completely uninstall Dragon Center.
And use the OpenRGB software to control the LEDs of the graphic cards.
OpenRGB modifies the default colors of your peripherals at startup, it's just perfect !

https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB

Thanks for your help messages.
^^

• 2 months later...

Just an FYI in case anybody else has this issue - happened to me but when I opened Dragon Center it specifically told me it couldn't access the Mystic Light file. I couldn't use the OpenRGB software as it has been found to brick my type of motherboard before so for the moment it isn't compatible. I went into Dragon Center > Support > Live Update > Scan and scrolled down, under the "Utilities" section it had Mystic Light there saying "Not installed" so I just installed that and it fixed the problem instantly. So if it disappears check this to see if it is lurking in the background and just "Not installed" all of a sudden.

Hi, I just bought an MSI gaming PC with RGB case. I am not able to find Mystic Light for life and I'm losing my mind :D All "manuals" for Mystic Light OR Dragon Center look different. They are for a version 1.xxxx while mine is 2.0.92.0. Though as I read here, you should be able to find Mystic Light through the scan in Live Update. I tried that but it doesn't find the desired app.. Could someone help me? I even tried to go to the official website of MSI to download Mystic Light but well it redirects me to a page where you download Dragon Center and other apps that are only compatible with laptops and such... So annoying..

Have a nice day ! (Sorry for inconherence, I'm tired and v bothered w this :D)

I've found I need to run Dragon Center as Administrator to see Mystic Light.

• 2 weeks later...

I got same problem here, using B450 Tomahawk and RX 5700 Gaming X. Before clean install Windows the Dragon Center work fine, Mystic Light is available there. But now is nowhere to be found. I'm using Dragon Center 2.0.96.0.

Have been try to use openRGB, but I can't really use that software. It didn't detect my motherboard and GPU.