Turning an 8+8 PCIE Power to 6+8?

Almonise

Hello Guys,

I've got a Cablemod PCIE Power Cable Extension and it's in an 8+8 configuration, this would not fit my RTX 2070 Super, I really don't like the look of the Corsair's PSU 6+(2+6) cable. My question is, can I cut out the extra 2 pins on the cablemod cable to make them fit? Would this cause any issue?

13 minutes ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

I assume you mean 8 pin configuration. You can buy a new 6+2 pin connector, and swap the connectors.

Yep, the Cablemod cable have two 8 pins, but the GPU need a 6 pins and 2+6 pins. And by connectors, do you mean the black plastic? If that's the case, would it be different if I just cut out the two extra pins?

2 minutes ago, Almonise said:

Yep, the Cablemod cable have two 8 pins, but the GPU need a 6 pins and 2+6 pins. And by connectors, do you mean the black plastic? If that's the case, would it be different if I just cut out the two extra pins?

You would be hard pressed to saw two pins off without completely mangling the connector. You can buy 6 pin PCI-e connectors from cablemod though.

6 hours ago, Almonise said:

Hello Guys,

I've got a Cablemod PCIE Power Cable Extension and it's in an 8+8 configuration, this would not fit my RTX 2070 Super, I really don't like the look of the Corsair's PSU 6+(2+6) cable. My question is, can I cut out the extra 2 pins on the cablemod cable to make them fit? Would this cause any issue?

all you have to do is buy this and swap the connector

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

10 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

all you have to do is buy this and swap the connector

Agreed, but also de-pin the 2 extra wire from the lead so that you have the 6 you need in the 8 pole plug at the PSU cable end and the 6 pole plug at the GPU end so it looks clean, by this I mean leave all the PSU cables as they are, only modify the extension cable and only remove the cables in the +2 run.