membrane vs mechanical keyboard

M.R_KING
19 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

170€. Auch. What I was talking about was that in my language we have QWERTZ layout, not QWERTY. So, they need to engrave things extra on top of keys to convert QWERTY to QWERTZ. Instead of exchanging the keys physically. At least these two. But they don't. And it looks really bad in the end.

Why can’t you just swap the key caps?

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Why can’t you just swap the key caps?

It's fairly common that rows on the keyboard have different profiles

Edited by seon123
Something something

:)

6 minutes ago, seon123 said:

It's fairly common that rows on the keyboard have different profiles

Ah fairs, wonder if they’d send you out a key cap  

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Here is my beloved 2$ membrane keyboard from a used bin that I bought some 15+ years ago.  One of my favorite board ever to type on, fastest one too, and I would want to find the same but in tkl format and with the long left shift.  It's also a ps/2 board. 

20200406_152821.thumb.jpg.eb75fd26ccd4ab6ee82ee81d61e6d81c.jpg

Since it's too big for my corner desk I had to go tkl and therefore I went mechanical cause of that.  My sister lend me a worn out redragon k552 and I bought one in white ... but those brand new outemu blue switches were really too loud for me in the long run.   I finally decided to go with the gmmk and got some pbt keycaps and two set of switches.  I realized that I like short throw switches more than normal (let's say 4mm) cause I have a tendency to bottom out a lot when typing.  I also realized that I like dsa profile more than the more common oem or cherry profile found on a lot of keyboard (well all the mechanical I tried before).  So far I have 3 keycaps set, one retro look oem profile and two dsa profile, one blank grey and purple and one beige and orange.  Now typing on gateron yellow (black housing) with double shot pbt keycaps with o-ring to shorten the throw.  Considering removing the o-ring and going back to the kailh speed copper I was using before.  Still can't decide which one I like more between those two switch set even tho they really feel quite different from one another.  Still would need some lubing in there specially on the stab side.  Considering trying kailh silent boxed pink or  brown ... don't know which one to buy and that's why I have to decide if I like typing on linear or tactile more.  

20200725_093619.thumb.jpg.585f39bb730919606e46344474e04725.jpg

Also I despise chicklet keyboards.  My sister really like them for typing and I really tried but damn they feel really bad for me. 

In the long run I would really like to try topre but damn those board are expensive.  At lease with the gmmk I can spread the cost over a long period of time and it feels less like a big hole in the pocket even tho it's the same amount of money of even more probably ... yeah definitely more ... ;)

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD