NZXT h510 airflow question

Go to solution Solved by gloop,
8 minutes ago, Daniel1 said:

I have heard that the airflow is not that good for the NZXT h510 case.  I am going to buy some be quiet! SilentWings 3 PWM 50.5 CFM 120 mm Fans.  Two for the front and one for the front.  Should I buy one more for the top?  Should I even put a fan on the top?  I don't want to hear a lot of noise if it cools the pc by one or two degrees.  I now that the fans are quiet. 

How about instead you buy a case with good airflow and run the fans at a lower RPM which will be quieter?

I have heard that the airflow is not that good for the NZXT h510 case.  I am going to buy some be quiet! SilentWings 3 PWM 50.5 CFM 120 mm Fans.  Two for the front and one for the front.  Should I buy one more for the top?  Should I even put a fan on the top?  I don't want to hear a lot of noise if it cools the pc by one or two degrees.  I know that the fans are quiet. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

8 minutes ago, Daniel1 said:

I have heard that the airflow is not that good for the NZXT h510 case.  I am going to buy some be quiet! SilentWings 3 PWM 50.5 CFM 120 mm Fans.  Two for the front and one for the front.  Should I buy one more for the top?  Should I even put a fan on the top?  I don't want to hear a lot of noise if it cools the pc by one or two degrees.  I now that the fans are quiet. 

How about instead you buy a case with good airflow and run the fans at a lower RPM which will be quieter?

if you really need it for tha aesthetics I would prioritize the back and top slot as the front ones dont have much air to breathe. so maybe install those fans at the back and top and then the stock fan at the front

Use 140s at the front, much better than 120.

8 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

if you really need it for tha aesthetics I would prioritize the back and top slot as the front ones dont have much air to breathe. so maybe install those fans at the back and top and then the stock fan at the front

The top and back are for exhaust.

The front ones have penty of space to breathe there is a huge gap between them and the front panel and the air is drawn in form the side.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Use 140s at the front, much better than 120.

The top and back are for exhaust.

The front ones have penty of space to breathe there is a huge gap between them and the front panel and the air is drawn in form the side.

i heard gn tested it with the fan in front and it had worse thermals than the stock configurations of two fans in the back. and negative air pressure isnt bad it just means you might have to clean your computer more often

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

i heard gn tested it with the fan in front and it had worse thermals than the stock configurations of two fans in the back. and negative air pressure isnt bad it just means you might have to clean your computer more often

If you have fans in both the front and the back then it's better than either just the back or just the front.

Clearly OP ahs enough money to put fans wherever he wants, so I would suggest two 140s in the front and a 120 in the back, or if you add one in the top too then run them at lower speeds than the front fans for positive airflow.

And yes negative airflow sucks, literally.

The H510 isn't the best case for temps but if you use decent fans it is perfectly fine.

Why would someone care if their CPU runs at 70C instead of 65C, it makes no difference to performance because you're already not throttling.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020