Now that I know UserBenchmark is garbage, what are the best benchmark tests?

noahthedestroyer5
18 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

Then there you go. You wanted to prove that your machine could play rainbow six at 150FPS or greater, and you did.

Task complete.

yes but i sorta knew that already. How can I know this is what im supposed to get? shouldnt i use a benchmark like timepy to see if im performing to what my hardware is?

18 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

In my post about UB there is actually a big nice list at the bottom for ya.

Okay, so what should I do?

Well, the solution is pretty simple. Don't use Userbenchmark. Below is a list of some much better solutions that reputable benchmarkers use.

Reveal hidden contents

General guidance for comparing computer components

Try and compare with as similar a configuration as possible

• For example, if you are trying to find the difference between a Ryzen 3 and a Ryzen 5, make sure all other aspects of the system are the same. (Graphics card, memory, etc).

Benchmark your workload.

• If you are building a Gaming PC, don't use benchmarks that aren't games. Large, workstation workloads don't allow you to compare performance in your game.

Use multiple benchmarks

• Some games take advantage of more of the CPU or GPU than others. All games are not created equal, so make sure you benchmark a range of games.

thank you ill look into those

18 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:
-snip-

one question. I dont see 3dmark on there. does that work too?

2 hours ago, noahthedestroyer5 said:

How can I know this is what im supposed to get

What do you mean by this?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

3 hours ago, straight_stewie said:

What do you mean by this?

I think the OP is worried that, for some reason, his computer is not performing as well as it should. For example if he got a 1070 he might be worried it performs like a 1060.

Not sure why he is worried about that though.

OP you don't have to worry about it. The hardware you got will perform as it should when it runs the software you got. If some component is broken then it won't just reduce the score in a benchmark, it flat out constantly crashes. 

17 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Yeah that's just a copypasta from a mod post 3dmark works great as well, the reason it's not on there is that it isn't really a realistic real world workload. For example, CPU scores scale perfectly with the number of cores, so a 64 core EPYC CPU will do great, which isn't the case for modern games compared to say a 10600k or a Ryzen 5 3600. The same holds true with some of the other benchmarks but they test one thing and not all aspects of your system which is what 3dmark does.

ah ok thank you

12 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I think the OP is worried that, for some reason, his computer is not performing as well as it should. For example if he got a 1070 he might be worried it performs like a 1060.

Not sure why he is worried about that though.

OP you don't have to worry about it. The hardware you got will perform as it should when it runs the software you got. If some component is broken then it won't just reduce the score in a benchmark, it flat out constantly crashes. 

true thats what im worried about thanks that helps alot. but are these benchmark tests like 3dmark proof? knowing that will help too

17 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Yeah that's just a copypasta from a mod post 3dmark works great as well, the reason it's not on there is that it isn't really a realistic real world workload. For example, CPU scores scale perfectly with the number of cores, so a 64 core EPYC CPU will do great, which isn't the case for modern games compared to say a 10600k or a Ryzen 5 3600. The same holds true with some of the other benchmarks but they test one thing and not all aspects of your system which is what 3dmark does.

thanks

One I've used before is the Final Fantasy benchmark.
Does a decent job of testing a system, plus it's free.

Heaven isn't bad either, it is a bit dated by now but still gives a good test of the system and it's also free (HWbot version is).

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

15 hours ago, noahthedestroyer5 said:

Im looking for benchmark tests that will test my gaming pc to see if its performing up to standards through comparison with others results. What are the best tests for this? Basically, im looking for a test that will prove im performing ok.

Passmark is my favorite.  Been using it for over a decade. Its not as flashy as other benchmarks but its full system  and has a great interface and ability  to compare with other systems. Its nice to be able to compare my current  pc with my pc from 2010. I also use 3D mark stuff and Heaven but mostly for GPU overclock stability testing. 

CURRENT PC     

CPU:  Intel Core i7 4790K (4.89 Ghz @ 1.345v)

GPU:  ASUS Nvidia GTX 1650 Super @ 1950 Mhz Core Clock + 14800 Mhz DDR6

MOBO:  Asrock Z97 Anniversary 

MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 - 32GB @ 1900 Mhz
STORAGE:  Samsung Evo 860 500GB, Samsung Evo 840 250GB, Samsung QVO 860 1TB, Samsung QVO 860 1TB (Boot, Boot, Storage and Storage)

On 8/10/2020 at 4:22 PM, noahthedestroyer5 said:

Ive noticed that so many people say to not use userbenchmark, why? Doesnt it give you comparisons to similar hardware so you can see if youre ok in performance? I stopped using it because so many people hate it. And what makes 3Dmark so trustworthy to see if youre performing ok?

CURRENT PC     

CPU:  Intel Core i7 4790K (4.89 Ghz @ 1.345v)

GPU:  ASUS Nvidia GTX 1650 Super @ 1950 Mhz Core Clock + 14800 Mhz DDR6

MOBO:  Asrock Z97 Anniversary 

MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 - 32GB @ 1900 Mhz
STORAGE:  Samsung Evo 860 500GB, Samsung Evo 840 250GB, Samsung QVO 860 1TB, Samsung QVO 860 1TB (Boot, Boot, Storage and Storage)

Anandetech is far more reliable, BUT, it's still not perfect, and those bench comparaison should only be part of the selection process to decide what part you want or should get.

https://www.anandtech.com/bench/

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

*** Threads merged ***

Please don't post multiple times about same subject. Also please use multiquote (plus-sign) when you reply to more people. Any triple-posts merged.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv