Corsair's PSU RMA

SJBijzitter

I bought a TX650 last January and the website advertised it as quiet with the fan speed responding to the temperatures. In reality (or in my case, that is) I had to suffer coil whine and a fan that spun at (what appears to be) 100% all the time. So I contacted Corsair and told them I wasn't satisfied with my PSU and that I would want one that was actually quiet, I indicated that that could either be a proper TX650 or an RM650, as they are both listed at the same pricepoint. Corsair told me they could (and would) replace the TX650, but could not guarantee an RM650. As this was quite reasonable, I went through with the RMA and UPS collected the PSU at my home address (at Corsair's cost). I just woke up and noticed that I had a package (my neighbors accepted it) and as I unpacked it, it appeared to be the RM650.

All in all, I must say that Corsair's service surprised me, for they are quite a large company, but the help they've given me was professional yet personal.

Big thumbs up for Corsair!

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

I love their customer support, had the same issue with a new 430 PSU 2 Years ago and they replaced it no problem. Same with my 1500 headset over xmas, the speaker / cable was a little dodgy after about a year n half usage and they replaced with the new 1500s.

People have problems with them like with any big company, but I do agree that their RMA process is very painless. They didn't even question the problems with my original M65, just gave me a new one instead.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

same can't be said with razer, i had to ship my lachesis to germany at my own cost, they said they sent me a razer taipan replacement, it never came. but this was after i'd bought my naga and i dont really care since i bought the lachesis over 2 years ago now, but yeah cost me £10 to ship to germany with no return, kind of disappointed since razer has quite the reputation

Yes they are "famous" for their excellent customer support, and that's what makes a company a good company paired with a good product line ofcourse.

:D

They have good support, now only if they had better quality control over their products. They have lots of faulty batches.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

same can't be said with razer, i had to ship my lachesis to germany at my own cost, they said they sent me a razer taipan replacement, it never came. but this was after i'd bought my naga and i dont really care since i bought the lachesis over 2 years ago now, but yeah cost me £10 to ship to germany with no return, kind of disappointed since razer has quite the reputation

Honestly that could be a problem Europe <--> North America.

Customer service here is generally much worse than the service you get in NA.

• Primary PC: i7-3770K@4,6GHz | Thermalright Macho | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance@1866MHz | 2x Gigabyte 660ti 3GB@1130MHz | 256 GB Samsung 840 | WD Black 1TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 650W | Zalman Z11
  • Secondary PC: i7-860@3,1GHz | Scythe Katana 3 | ASUS Maximus III Formula P55 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | 2x Zotac GTX 280@650MHz | WD Velociraptor 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 750W | Coolermaster Cosmos S

I would claim that england is part of europe :D

Edited by Hyrikan
  • Primary PC: i7-3770K@4,6GHz | Thermalright Macho | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance@1866MHz | 2x Gigabyte 660ti 3GB@1130MHz | 256 GB Samsung 840 | WD Black 1TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 650W | Zalman Z11
  • Secondary PC: i7-860@3,1GHz | Scythe Katana 3 | ASUS Maximus III Formula P55 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | 2x Zotac GTX 280@650MHz | WD Velociraptor 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 750W | Coolermaster Cosmos S

I would argue that england is part of europe :D

It is... The UK, made up from England, Wales, Scotland (for now) and Northern Ireland, is part of Europe and the EU.

It is... The UK, made up from England, Wales, Scotland (for now) and Northern Ireland, is part of Europe and the EU.

Yeah I know, I realize that I used the wrong word.

Argue should be claim :D.

Yeah I know, I realize that I used the wrong word.

Argue should be claim :D.

Yea I was making point to Karumu

making a point to me? :S how come?

Well that England is part of Europe :P

Ok I think we are talking across purpose here :).

i'm in england :))

This post sounded to me as if you were saying: I'm in England so this post:

Honestly that could be a problem Europe <--> North America.

Customer service here is generally much worse than the service you get in NA.

doesn't apply to me.

Therefore I answered with:

I would claim that england is part of europe :D

:D

What Hyrikan said!

I bought a TX650 last January and the website advertised it as quiet with the fan speed responding to the temperatures. In reality (or in my case, that is) I had to suffer coil whine and a fan that spun at (what appears to be) 100% all the time. So I contacted Corsair and told them I wasn't satisfied with my PSU and that I would want one that was actually quiet, I indicated that that could either be a proper TX650 or an RM650, as they are both listed at the same pricepoint. Corsair told me they could (and would) replace the TX650, but could not guarantee an RM650. As this was quite reasonable, I went through with the RMA and UPS collected the PSU at my home address (at Corsair's cost). I just woke up and noticed that I had a package (my neighbors accepted it) and as I unpacked it, it appeared to be the RM650.

All in all, I must say that Corsair's service surprised me, for they are quite a large company, but the help they've given me was professional yet personal.

Big thumbs up for Corsair!

maybe I should try rma'ing my TX650 for an RM650,would love to get that quiet fan.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

The laser on my naga went out very recently and I had to ship it to california at my cost however they sent a clearly used replacement 1 month later with no new warranty.

Yep. I contacted Corsair about the loud fans on the H100i. They sent me SP120 fans! For for free. I didn't even have to send them the SP120L's that come with the H100i!

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

You did it wrong. 

Tell Razer that international shipping to them is too costly for you and they <SHOULD> request that cut the mouse's wire with scissors and povide photo evidence through email and they will then ship the replacement product.

You did it wrong. 

Tell Razer that international shipping to them is too costly for you and they <SHOULD> request that cut the mouse's wire with scissors and povide photo evidence through email and they will then ship the replacement product.

oh... well shit, the product is now out of warranty :/ PLUS i dont really care that much anymore, since i bought a naga like 4 months ago :P

Ordered a wrong product straight from Corsair's website and had to cancel it before they shipped it out. The customer support rep told me he will cancel the product for a full refund. 2 days later, I received an e-mail saying the product was shipped which pissed me off, but I received an e-mail right after from the same support rep that told me he was sorry he didn't cancel it in time so I was able to keep the shipped item for free!

Got a free Corsair product + money back. Awesome support!