LCD Replacement on my HP Laptop

ToolMan

Hello everyone,

So I recently managed to crack my HP laptop's touchscreen. Its just a hairline crack, but its just enough to cause the touchscreen to glitch out if pressure is placed on the cracked area. 

On Amazon I found this one: First LCD IPS replacement display Has anyone bought from "First LCD", and had good results? If that's not the case, does anyone know of a good company that sells replacement displays? Thanks!

Branding doesn't matter too much here. What you need to make sure of is that they are using the same panel. See what panel your laptop uses and then search on that.

I've never replace a touch screen display before, but you more than likely don't a new bezel or digitizer. You can use your old one. Just need the panel itself.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind when choosing one. Unfortunately, my laptop seems to have the LCD and digitizer as one unit. So, I want to be sure that the one I order is color accurate and wont have dead pixels and stuff. Thanks for the input!

HP ENVY.PNG

4 minutes ago, ToolMan said:

Snip

I've never seen a digitizer attached to a panel before. You can see the digitizer attached to the bezel in the Amazon link you posted. It's #2 or #3 in that image here... Can't tell which.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

Yeah, I see. I haven't been able to find separate digitizers for this laptop though. Only seem to find the whole display assembly with the digitizer already attached to the panel, which sucks since its more expensive. 

1 minute ago, ToolMan said:

Yeah, I see. I haven't been able to find separate digitizers for this laptop though. Only seem to find the whole display assembly with the digitizer already attached to the panel, which sucks since its more expensive. 

Might be related to the fact that it's a touch screen?

Perhaps someone with more experience with touchscreen repair can chime in here.

ask me about my homelab

Well, thanks for the input though Skipple, appreciate it.