Sapphire Unveils Radeon Hd 7790 Simcity Edition Graphics Card

Jozi

AMD's recent free SimCity game bundle with most A8- and A10-series sub-$150 APUs baffled analysts, particularly with how AMD is bundling a gift with market price of $60, with products starting at $80. It looks like certain AMD add-in board (AIB) partners are striking similar deals with EA. A case in point is Sapphire, which decided to bundle the game with a special edition Radeon HD 7790 graphics card, which for now appears to be a Japan-exclusive. We're not sure how the SimCity inclusion affects the Never Settle bundle eligibility of the card, which should also fetch its owners Far Cry 3, and a 20% discount coupon for Medal of Honor: Warfighter. We don't imagine Sapphire to price its card significantly higher than its stock trim. The card itself looks identical to the HD 7790 2 GB the company recently announced, albeit with just 1 GB of memory, lacking a back-plate, and featuring reference AMD clock speeds of 1000 MHz core and 6.00 GHz memory.

6b_thm.jpg 6a_thm.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/183409/Sapphire-Unveils-Radeon-HD-7790-SimCity-Edition-Graphics-Card.html

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Pretty nice deal, how are they doing this?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Is it going to have bad VRM , like the game has bad DRM ?

I see what you did there B)

"An Excellent Signature"

EA is giving away their games in order to get more people to play their games lol

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Thank someone, Sapphire finally turning to matte black PCBs.

Should of slapped 2GB of VRAM on it though otherwise you might be finding your crippling the textures or running <1080p gaming.

so I'm getting a 7790 and some DRM'ed trash that can't live up to simcity 4, ever? I might as well just buy a normal 7790 then.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I think EA forced the servers to keep crashing so peoplr talked about that and distract people of how bad it is; it worked.

As always thanks for sharing news with us Jozi. Just make sure as Linus has mentioned on the latest livestream to give your own opinion on the news in the future, to avoid turning us into one of those sites that just copy and paste news from  other sources. Cheers!

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

As always thanks for sharing news with us Jozi. Just make sure as Linus has mentioned on the latest livestream to give your own opinion on the news in the future, to avoid turning us into one of those sites that just copy and paste news from  other sources. Cheers!

I'll probably leave news posting to other people.

Edit. So finally got back from work where I almost broke my thumb and finished watching livestream. No more news coming from me.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Is it going to have bad VRM , like the game has bad DRM ?

They should have called it 7790 DRM Edition xD

I'll probably leave news posting to other people.

Edit. So finally got back from work where I almost broke my thumb and finished watching livestream. No more news coming from me.

Nobody from forum staff said anything for me about this in the forums. Instead I hear in livestream "Jozi you are making ma forum one of these butthead sites". So yeah. Would have been nice to receive pm in forums and not in livestream.

Will the card not work for he first four days till they open more cores?

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log