Dell AIO fails to complete a restart, and doesn't wake form sleep.

ToolMan

Hello everybody,

So, today I was upgrading a dell 3043 aio. I installed 8gb of ddr3l ram, and swapped out the 500gb hdd for a 250gb

Samsung 860 evo ssd. It booted up fine. But, I cant restart it, just ends up on a black screen; and it does not wake from sleep.

I have tried disabling fast boot, and making sure AHCI is enabled. I also swapped back over to the original hdd, but now I have 

same problem with it as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Could try reseating the ram, also could be at too high of a speed for the cpu/motherboard any other indicators as to what may be wrong lights anything?

Also mabey stuck in some kind of boot loop or just learning the new hardware installed but that really should take long

Thanks for replying Hoodrich,

When I try to wake the machine after it has gone into sleep mode I am left with a black screen. When I click restart either from the lock screen or the start menu, it will say "restarting" then It will just display a black screen with no messages. When I get the black screen, I have to shut down the machine by holding the power button. Because I can't even successfully reboot I can't even update the bios using the .exe file from Dell. 

5 minutes ago, ToolMan said:

Thanks for replying Hoodrich,

When I try to wake the machine after it has gone into sleep mode I am left with a black screen. When I click restart either from the lock screen or the start menu, it will say "restarting" then It will just display a black screen with no messages. When I get the black screen, I have to shut down the machine by holding the power button. Because I can't even successfully reboot I can't even update the bios using the .exe file from Dell. 

I had an issue like this on my most recent build using an asus X470-I I had to replace the motherboard couldn't ever get into bios or post at all and the indicator LEDs read that it was a cpu and ram problem it is possible that too much pressure was applied during the installation of something which is what I think I did but there no way to know.  Came here for help on that asus support was no help at all.

It's also a big pain with stuff like this as theres no good way to troubleshoot it mostly trial and error guesswork

Yeah, I guess you're right, I will just have to keep trying things. But, thanks for your help though! And yeah, manufacturer support forums suck, they never solve the problem, hey just tell you to run a trouble shooter, and that's it. If only trouble shooters worked lol.

3 minutes ago, ToolMan said:

Yeah, I guess you're right, I will just have to keep trying things. But, thanks for your help though! And yeah, manufacturer support forums suck, they never solve the problem, hey just tell you to run a trouble shooter, and that's it. If only trouble shooters worked lol.

Yeah Asus told me my ram wasnt compatible with their motherboard as I was looking at the compatibility sheet and offered me no other help other than replacing it and that was on the phone with them.  And I hate to be like this but it was a very unknowledgeable person from some foreign outsourced support I'm guessing

Yeah, something similar happened to me, after hours on the phone, with no solution, I just ended up finding a solution on Google. 

Just now, ToolMan said:

Yeah, something similar happened to me, after hours on the phone, with no solution, I just ended up finding a solution on Google. 

Yeah usually how it goes sorry I dont know more

No problem, thanks for the input though, appreciate it!