2080 Ti like performance with Image Sharpening on a 5700 xt?

Thiccboy

I’m considering buying a 4K tv for gaming with a 5700 xt and ryzen 5 3600, but I wanted to ask someone who has experience with image sharpening and gpu scaling on a 5700 xt; what I’m essentially referring to is this. Apparently, if I were to overclock my graphics card, use gpu scaling and use image sharpening I should be able to get 2080 Ti like performance? This just seems too good to be true. I’ve had my gpu for a few months now and I’m only finding out about this now. I’m aware that this isn’t as good as 4K, but as long as it looks pretty close I’m fine with it. All I want is to game on a 65 inch 4k tv screen. 

Is anyone willing to try/has tried this for themselves? How does it look? How is performance? I don’t really have a 4k screen (yet) to test this on, so I was hoping to get some insight on whether or not I should be looking forward to this. Also, it baffles me that no one talks about this; to me, this is huge news. Being able to game at 4k 60 fps is normally unimaginable on a 5700 xt. Is there anything else major like this that I don’t know that could help improve performance?

Thanks.

You can't get 2080Ti-like performance because with the 2080Ti you have the same option with downscaling the resolution and using image sharpening. In this case the 2080Ti still performs better. From my own experience with my 1080Ti (in the same ballpark as the 5700XT, if not a litte better) 80% resolution 4K with sharpening doesn't look as good as native 4K and i barely hit 60 fps in most games.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.