The notetaking coding machine

Heyo, I'm in need of a new laptop for mostly school, 

as a chaotic the idea of taking notes in onenote with a pen(I tried it in a store) is valuable enough to maybe compromise a bit on other things.

For specs I need these:

Minimum system requirements:
Operating System: Windows (MacOS or Linux is allowed but not supported)
Processor: i3 (Intel 7th generation or similar AMD)
Video Card (GPU): Video card with minimal support for Direct X11
RAM: 4GB 
Storage: 256 GB SSD
Screen size: 13 inches
I / O (physical connections): USB 3.0 / HDMI (or Displayport) / USB-C (3.1 gen2)

Recommended system requirements:
Operating System: Windows +
Processor: i5 (Intel 8th generation or similar AMD)
Video Card (GPU): Dedicated with at least 2GB - minimal support for Direct X11
RAM: 8GB (maybe expendable)
Storage: 512 GB SSD
Screen size: 15 inches
I / O (physical connections): USB 3.0 / HDMI (or Displayport) / USB-C (3.1 gen2)

I was looking at a Surface book 2, i7-8650U, 8GB ram, 256GB rom and a gtx 1050 in it, it would fit my needs almost perfectly. But wouldn't another 2 in 1 maybe be better?
something with those specs and pen support.
I could always VNC to my main machine too, which I was planning to store files on anyways, it functions as a small syncserver
for programming files and docs between my cheapo chromebook and my PC so I never lose files.

Look at the HP Envy x360 with Ryzen 4000. By far the best mid range 2-in-1 on the market. The Renoir CPUs offer much better performance, lower heat and better battery life hen compared to anything Intel. Recently Notebookcheck tested the HP ProBook 15 and found that the Ryzen 7 4700U was 140% faster overall than the best mobile i7 ULV from intel whole also running 17*C cooler with less fan noise. That's a massive difference considering the form factor and price. The article is linked in my profile.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Look at the HP Envy x360 with Ryzen 4000.

I was just going to recommend that as well. Looks like a really good option all around.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

18 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Look at the HP Envy x360 with Ryzen 4000. By far the best mid range 2-in-1 on the market. The Renoir CPUs offer much better performance, lower heat and better battery life hen compared to anything Intel. Recently Notebookcheck tested the HP ProBook 15 and found that the Ryzen 7 4700U was 140% faster overall than the best mobile i7 ULV from intel whole also running 17*C cooler with less fan noise. That's a massive difference considering the form factor and price. The article is linked in my profile.

It doesn't have a dedi gpu tho

6 minutes ago, MrDodojo said:

It doesn't have a dedi gpu tho

Thr Vega iGPU in the 4700U is faster than a 1030/MX250. Not sure why you need one when the integrated one is faster than most dGPUs in two in one devices.

1 hour ago, MrDodojo said:

Heyo, I'm in need of a new laptop for mostly school, 

as a chaotic the idea of taking notes in onenote with a pen(I tried it in a store) is valuable enough to maybe compromise a bit on other things.

For specs I need these:

Minimum system requirements:
Operating System: Windows (MacOS or Linux is allowed but not supported)
Processor: i3 (Intel 7th generation or similar AMD)
Video Card (GPU): Video card with minimal support for Direct X11
RAM: 4GB 
Storage: 256 GB SSD
Screen size: 13 inches

Recommended system requirements:
Operating System: Windows +
Processor: i5 (Intel 8th generation or similar AMD)
Video Card (GPU): Dedicated with at least 2GB - minimal support for Direct X11
RAM: 8GB (maybe expendable)
Storage: 512 GB SSD
Screen size: 15 inches

I was looking at a Surface book 2, i7-8650U, 8GB ram, 256GB rom and a gtx 1050 in it, it would fit my needs almost perfectly. But wouldn't another 2 in 1 maybe be better?
something with those specs and pen support.
I could always VNC to my main machine too, which I was planning to store files on anyways, it functions as a small syncserver
for programming files and docs between my cheapo chromebook and my PC so I never lose files.

Don’t take notes on a screen with a pen use paper it’s faster and you’ll have less errors 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

Don’t take notes on a screen with a pen use paper it’s faster and you’ll have less errors 

As a chaotic who tried(used his mom's) a surface pro 4 note taking like this is a lot more effective

3 minutes ago, MrDodojo said:

As a chaotic who tried(used his mom's) a surface pro 4 note taking like this is a lot more effective

Can you reword that please?

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

10 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Can you reword that please?

I used my mom's surface pro 4 for a short while and as a chaotic I highly value the digital note taking