PC keeps restarting when trying to install OS

Faisy

I have an Acer XC-605 I'm trying to install Android TV on and for some reason which I cannot for some reason figure out, it keeps restarting. It currently has Windows 10 installed and runs fine, however when I try to install Android TV (modified version of Android x-86 I think) it boots to the screen with the options to run it live, install, etc. however no matter what option I select pertaining to Android x-86, it restarts and boots back into Windows rather than running the install wizard for the OS so I can select hard drives, partitions etc. so that I can install. I don't know if it's specifically for Android x-86 or other OS's so I'm going to try installing Ubuntu tomorrow, however I suspect the same thing will happen. 

can you try with vm? i might just be a deactive installer

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

2 minutes ago, mahyar said:

can you try with vm? i might just be a deactive installer

i had some really bad times trying to install android x86

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

15 minutes ago, Faisy said:

I have an Acer XC-605 I'm trying to install Android TV on and for some reason which I cannot for some reason figure out, it keeps restarting. It currently has Windows 10 installed and runs fine, however when I try to install Android TV (modified version of Android x-86 I think) it boots to the screen with the options to run it live, install, etc. however no matter what option I select pertaining to Android x-86, it restarts and boots back into Windows rather than running the install wizard for the OS so I can select hard drives, partitions etc. so that I can install. I don't know if it's specifically for Android x-86 or other OS's so I'm going to try installing Ubuntu tomorrow, however I suspect the same thing will happen. 

Try disabling execution protection any time I install Linux I have to or it won't finishing installing.

12 hours ago, mahyar said:

i had some really bad times trying to install android x86

I ended up installing Ubuntu on it with no issues, so it probably is the installer. No idea how I'm supposed to find a fork for Android TV x86 now lol