Headphones to pair with Asus Xonar Phoebus?

Otterfox
Go to solution Solved by EmoRarity,

If you have time to explain it I'm all ears. 

+1 Django. 

The Xonar has (I do believe) an output impedance of 10ohm's, which means that any headphone with an input impedance with less then 80ohms (multiply by 8) will not get the power that they need to run properly. Because the soundcard is eating some of the power that is suppose to go to the headphones which will result in a bass roll off, quieter mids, and treble roll off.

So going above that 80ohm impedance, the soundcard will stop eating power and start supplying power properly. 

If you didn't have a soundcard (Onboard sits about 1-2ohms) you could get a lower impedance headphone with no issue. 

But since you have the soundcard we might as well use it, right? 

Hey guys the Phoebus has a max impedance of 600 ohms. I'm also looking for a good headphone to pair it with. Down to the Sennheiser game one, Audio Technica adg1, Philips X1 premium, and the Beyerdynamic 990dt pro. Feel the mics are optional as far as my needs as a solo gamer. Thanks.

Hey guys the Phoebus has a max impedance of 600 ohms. I'm also looking for a good headphone to pair it with. Down to the Sennheiser game one, Audio Technica adg1, Philips X1 premium, and the Beyerdynamic 990dt pro. Feel the mics are optional as far as my needs as a solo gamer. Thanks.

dat thread necro doe

It's actually kinda a good thing, meaning more people are using the search feature...

Lol, that is one positive way of looking at it.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

If you haven't bought the Phoebus yet then don't. It's a waste of money. If you did already and can't return it, get something high impedance for it to get over the dampening factor. The dt990s are good.