Kubuntu no wifi

2 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

Not sure why you have 2 Windows Boot Entries, but try making Ubuntu the last one. Right now it shows Ubuntu as the first boot entry in the BootOrder.

• sudo efibootmgr -o 0000,0002,0001
  • efibootmgr

Can’t even type efibootmgr now, maybe I should give up on this it doesn’t seem to work

227F5AA7-7731-4D09-893A-2F9DFFC01506.jpeg

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

its because you have a ' before efibootmgr, its waiting for you to close it. Just press ctrl+c and it should take you out of that.

But it does look like it changed your Boot Order, so reboot and see if it goes into Windows.

Just now, Nayr438 said:

its because you have a ' before efibootmgr, its waiting for you to close it. Just press ctrl+c and it should take you out of that.

But it does look like it changed your Boot Order, so reboot and see if it goes into Windows.

When typing efibootmgr again it didn’t change maybe it’s because of this, edit it did boot into windows first when unplugged nothing with the grub thingy

5BAF3BC6-C2D2-40DE-A678-9ED837073DBD.jpeg

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

The drive shouldn't matter for the bootorder, it only affects Grubs ability to get grub.cfg. For some reason Linux Installers love to default to the Windows EFI Partition when its detected. It's usually fine, except in your instance where the EFI Partition is on your internal Drive and grub.cfg is on your external, requiring the external drive to be connected for Grub to work properly.

efibootmgr interacts with the Bios EFI Boot Manager.

If it didn't change the Boot Order, then you would need to change it in the Bios itself.

If it's not sticking in the Bios, then I am unfortunately out of ideas to change the boot order.

You might ask in Troubleshooting if someone can help figure out why your Bios isn't saving it.

Just now, Nayr438 said:

The drive shouldn't matter for the bootorder, it only affects Grubs ability to get grub.cfg. For some reason Linux Installers love to default to the Windows EFI Partition when its detected. It's usually fine, except in your instance where the EFI Partition is on your internal Drive and grub.cfg is on your external, requiring the external drive to be connected for Grub to work properly.

efibootmgr interacts with the Bios EFI Boot Manager.

If it didn't change the Boot Order, then you would need to change it in the Bios itself.

If it's not sticking in the Bios, then I am unfortunately out of ideas to change the boot order.

You might ask in Troubleshooting if someone can help figure out why your Bios isn't saving it.

Well for now I will not do that stuff much easier dualboot on my laptop

Reminder⚠️