I think im cursed with bad motherboards

Go to solution Solved by Haro,
10 hours ago, JerryKins said:

i have taken everything out and left only the power supply and motherboard cause somewhere else it said i could try that

that wont boot.

the. 9100f. does. need. a gpu. to. boot.

So i am pretty new to the pc building community i have built 2 pc and the 1st one worked great but then when i tried to upgrade the motherboard (i have a brother with much knowledge on this subject who helped me) but when i got everything set up it would turn and then turn off, and after several hours of trying to fix it and find out what was causing problems we deduced its the motherboard since everything else worked fine. Like a year later i built another pc and the same problem happened, i don't know if this happens often, am i doing something wrong or im just cursed? Im ready to answer any questions as best i can but i really need help

I also do not know where to post this as ive never used this site

specs?  

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

specs?  

Maybe this guy has the same problem as one of the other guys you helped today

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

3 minutes ago, JerryKins said:

So i am pretty new to the pc building community i have built 2 pc and the 1st one worked great but then when i tried to upgrade the motherboard (i have a brother with much knowledge on this subject who helped me) but when i got everything set up it would turn and then turn off, and after several hours of trying to fix it and find out what was causing problems we deduced its the motherboard since everything else worked fine. Like a year later i built another pc and the same problem happened, i don't know if this happens often, am i doing something wrong or im just cursed? Im ready to answer any questions as best i can but i really need help

This could be one of many problems, are you using an anti-static wristband while working on the system and what power supply and other components were you using on the system/s that had the aforementioned issues?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

10 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

are you using an anti-static wristband while working on the system

they're useless today for the most part.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

39 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

specs?  

The specs are,

Motherboard: Gigabyte B365M DS3H 

Cpu: intel core i3 9100f (with stock cooler)

Ram: Corsair vengeance LPX 8gb DDR4

Power supply: Thermaltske Smart series 500w

Gpu: none yet

If theres anything else you need let me know

lol.. the 9100f does not have an i gpu in it's silicon, a dgpu is required to boot lmao. 

Build Log: 

40 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

This could be one of many problems, are you using an anti-static wristband while working on the system and what power supply and other components were you using on the system/s that had the aforementioned issues?

When i had the problem the 1st time we went and got a new power supply to see if that was the issue since nothing else seemed to be the problem but when we got the new one it still happened, the and no i did not have an anti static wristband so i was a good bit careful, the specs i have mentioned in another reply

lol.. the 9100f does not have an i gpu in it's silicon, a dgpu is required to boot lmao. 

I am new to the pc building stuff so i will look into whatever you just said lol

so i will look into whatever you just said lol

the 9100f does not have an igpu.

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I looked at what you said and i have taken everything out and left only the power supply and motherboard cause somewhere else it said i could try that so i did and the problem still happened so i assumed it was the motherboard

1 minute ago, JerryKins said:

I looked at what you said and i have taken everything out and left only the power supply and motherboard cause somewhere else it said i could try that so i did and the problem still happened so i assumed it was the motherboard

Well you need to buy a graphics card to make it work

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

i have taken everything out and left only the power supply and motherboard cause somewhere else it said i could try that

that wont boot.

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, JerryKins said:

It cannot boot.

There is nothing to display a image.

It is a user error, not a part error.

that wont boot.

Ok i think i understand now, thank you and sorry for my ingorance

21 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

they're useless today for the most part.

While it's true that modern computer hardware is generally more resistant to damage from ESD than older hardware, it's still good practice to use one anyways just to ensure that you aren't accidentally damaging the valuable components of your system (ESD damage can still occur with modern hardware).

20 hours ago, JerryKins said:

The specs are,

Motherboard: Gigabyte B365M DS3H 

Cpu: intel core i3 9100f (with stock cooler)

Ram: Corsair vengeance LPX 8gb DDR4

Power supply: Thermaltske Smart series 500w

If theres anything else you need let me know

I don't think that the issue would be with your motherboard since you CPU (the Intel Core i3 9100f) doesn't have any integrated graphics and needs to have some dedicated graphics adapter/card in order to be able to display a video signal to your monitor/s at boot. You are going to need some GPU to be able to use the system and have it be able to display a video signal, if you don't need to have much GPU power a cheap used/refurbished GPU that has drivers for your OS will work fine.

@Boomwebsearch 

4 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

it's still good practice to use one

You can just plug a PSU to a grounded outlet and touch it. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

You can just plug a PSU to a grounded outlet and touch it. 

This should work well also, although just make sure that the PSU connected to a grounded outlet is powered off before you touch it or connect an antistatic wristband to it for ESD prevention purposes. If you don't happen to have a spare PSU to use for grounding then touching a metal part of a computer case from time to time (especially after moving your feet) should help prevent ESD as well, although for best protection against ESD damage use an antistatic wrist strap connected to the fan grill of a plugged in but powered off PSU (connected to a grounded plug).

@Boomwebsearch