i3 9100F and GTX 1650 super

Hello, I just want to know if an i3 9100F and a GTX 1650 super would be enough for streaming at 1080p. The builds kind of in a tight budget so that was the best i could come up with. Thanks!

Get a 3300x, the 9100 is on a dead platforn and is easily outperformed by chips cheaper than it 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

9100F was poor value at launch and has only gotten worse. It's not enough for games alone, streaming is out of the question.

The 9100 will struggle in CPU intensive titles, so get a Ryzen 3300X or even a 3100 instead, paired with a decent B450 board.

For streaming, use the encoder on your GPU (NVENC).

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, gloop said:

1650 Super has Nvenc so streaming is covered, though go with @Spotty’s suggestion of a 3100/3300x. 

How about a 3100 on an A320. The budget is really really tight, and the 3100 is more expensive than the 9100F atleast in where i stay

9 minutes ago, mavmlim said:

Hello, I just want to know if an i3 9100F and a GTX 1650 super would be enough for streaming at 1080p. The builds kind of in a tight budget so that was the best i could come up with. Thanks!

As far as gpu, have you considered a rx 580? IMO, it offers more bang for your buck over a 1650

Edit: please disregard...Just noticed you mentioned 1650s

1 minute ago, mavmlim said:

How about a 3100 on an A320. The budget is really really tight, and the 3100 is more expensive than the 9100F atleast in where i stay

A320 and H310 are extremely shit usually and never recommended. I cannot approve either chipset as they are far too limited and low quality

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

A320 and H310 are extremely shit usually and never recommended. I cannot approve either chipset as they are far too limited and low quality

Agreed, b350 minimum...preferably a b450 or newer.

5 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

The 9100 will struggle in CPU intensive titles, so get a Ryzen 3300X or even a 3100 instead, paired with a decent B450 board.

For streaming, use the encoder on your GPU (NVENC).

I could consider the RX 570 but I've read about this NVENC thing on some other forums,they say it really helps with the streaming or takes the load off the cpu when streaming which is why i thought i could get away with a 9100F because its currently at 65$. I'd also be way off my budget now if I opt for a better chipset since id be going 3100 instead which cost about maybe around above a hundred dollars 

1 minute ago, mavmlim said:

I could consider the RX 570 but I've read about this NVENC thing on some other forums,they say it really helps with the streaming or takes the load off the cpu when streaming which is why i thought i could get away with a 9100F because its currently at 65$. I'd also be way off my budget now if I opt for a better chipset since id be going 3100 instead which cost about maybe around above a hundred dollars 

and my budget is around 600 dollars. Not much room to go higher than that so its really rough

3 minutes ago, mavmlim said:

and my budget is around 600 dollars. Not much room to go higher than that so its really rough

What country? AMD also have an encoder, it's called VCE and it's also very good. Not as good as Nvenc but it's not bad or unusable.

6 minutes ago, mavmlim said:

Well, the 1650 Super's faster than an RX 570 anyway, so it's definitely the way to go.

The 9100F might work alright in games that don't need a whole lot of cores, like Esport titles for example, but throw a modern AAA title into the mix and it'll start to struggle. Does your budget only allow for an A320 board, if you do go with the 3100?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

7 minutes ago, mavmlim said:

Also consider a Ryzen 3 2200G because it is also 4c/4t like the 9100F. Might make a cheap B450 motherboard possible.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, 5x5 said:

What country? AMD also have an encoder, it's called VCE and it's also very good. Not as good as Nvenc but it's not bad or unusable.

I'm From the Philippines. So should i opt for an rx 570 then a 3100? on a b450 chipset? Haven't really checked tho if this will fit the budget

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Well, the 1650 Super's faster than an RX 570 anyway, so it's definitely the way to go.

The 9100F might work alright in games that don't need a whole lot of cores, like Esport titles for example, but throw a modern AAA title into the mix and it'll start to struggle. Does your budget only allow for an A320 board, if you do go with the 3100?

Some games don't even run on a 4-threqd CPU these days. Look at Battlefield 5. 4 threads is basically unplayable on larger mapa

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

This was what i was considering! But they say A320 sucks, so I dont know anymore

Just now, mavmlim said:

I'm From the Philippines. So should i opt for an rx 570 then a 3100? on a b450 chipset? Haven't really checked tho if this will fit the budget

Consider a 1660 or used 1060 6GB

13 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Some games don't even run on a 4-threqd CPU these days. Look at Battlefield 5. 4 threads is basically unplayable on larger mapa

That's what I'm saying. I've had people "correct" me when I was advising against going with a 4C/4T in 2020, when I witnessed how badly a 4C/4T runs first-hand lol; BF5 is literally stutter central.

12 minutes ago, mavmlim said:

This was what i was considering! But they say A320 sucks, so I dont know anymore

13 minutes ago, mavmlim said:

Well, A320 does actually suck for anything that's not a low-power APU, which is what that chipset was meant for in the first place.

Check for pricing on the Ryzen 1600AF and 2600, and also look for deals on used 1650 Supers, 1660s or maybe even 1060s, specifically the 6GB variant, not the 3GB which is slower.

If you manage to save some money with either of these parts, some decent B450 options that usually aren't too expensive would be the B450(M) Pro4, B450M/ac and the B450M-Pro VDH Max. Cheaper than that, you're probably looking at a B450 Steel Legend, B450M S2H or a B450M DS3H, which are the lowest I'd suggest going.

3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

That's what I'm saying. I've had people "correct" me when I was advising against going with a 4C/4T in 2020, when I witnessed how badly a 4C/4T runs first-hand lol; BF5 is literally stutter central.

Well, A320 does actually suck for anything that's not a low-power APU, which is what that chipset was meant for in the first place.

Check for pricing on the Ryzen 1600AF and 2600, and also look for deals on used 1650 Supers, 1660s or maybe even 1060s, specifically the 6GB variant, not the 3GB which is slower.

If you manage to save some money with either of these parts, some decent B450 options that usually aren't too expensive would be the B450(M) Pro4, B450M/ac and the B450M-Pro VDH Max. Cheaper than that, you're probably looking at a B450 Steel Legend, B450M S2H or a B450M DS3H, which are the lowest I'd suggest going.

Modern games are unplayable with less than 6 threads and even 6/6 CPUa are reaching their limit

3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Got it! thanks!