Electric discharge from usb slots

bClasses

Hi, my pc seems to be giving me shocks, or more like a constant electric current through my keyboard which has an aluminium base. My PSU makes a sound when i turn it off by switch on the PSU, like a crackling sound or popping sound. I'm not sure what can be causing this?

I've had the PSU for 5 years, it's been doing this a while (and I've just re-plugged the USBs and it usually stops), but now I have some time I want to fix the problem.

Thanks.

change your psu its isolation circuits are broken

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

48 minutes ago, bClasses said:

Hi, my pc seems to be giving me shocks, or more like a constant electric current through my keyboard which has an aluminium base. My PSU makes a sound when i turn it off by switch on the PSU, like a crackling sound or popping sound. I'm not sure what can be causing this?

I've had the PSU for 5 years, it's been doing this a while (and I've just re-plugged the USBs and it usually stops), but now I have some time I want to fix the problem.

Thanks.

Stop turning off the psu from that switch in the back, you're not supposed to use that often. It's only for when you leave for a few days or if there's serious weather outside and you want to protect the pc in case a lightning strike hits the ac wires.

You need to plug the pc in a grounded outlet with a functioning ground lead ... and everything between the PC and the outlet needs to have that ground wire.

The power supply is intentionally manufactured to leak a bit of electricity which is supposed to discharge through that third ground wire and the you wouldn't feel any electricity. Without this quirk, the power supply would be "noisy" as in produce electrical noise that would affect radios, monitors (if using analogue inputs aka vga cables), anything that picks up radio frequencies, wireless etc