When I turn off my PC I hear coil whine coming from the PSU

SibUniverse

Is coil whine bad? should I get a new PSU? I can only hear the whine when my PC is powered off, I don't really know what to do about it.

Nah, probably the fan is dry or dirty, you can just give some lubrication inside the fan.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 hours ago, SibUniverse said:

Is coil whine bad? should I get a new PSU? I can only hear the whine when my PC is powered off, I don't really know what to do about it.

So you know what coil whine is, I'm assuming you've Googled it, and you're still going to ask if it's "bad".

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

Nah, probably the fan is dry or dirty, you can just give some lubrication inside the fan.

WHAT?!?!?

Did you even read his post????

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

So you know what coil whine is, I'm assuming you've Googled it, and you're still going to ask if it's "bad".

WHAT?!?!?

Did you even read his post????

I couldn't find anything about coil whine happening while the PC is turned off, I could only find mostly people talking about coil whine coming from the GPU.

7 hours ago, SibUniverse said:

I couldn't find anything about coil whine happening while the PC is turned off, I could only find mostly people talking about coil whine coming from the GPU.

What PSU is it?

The PSU is actually off, as in the switch on the back is switched off?

Or is the PC "shut down", as in, the PSU is still on, but the PC is in standby?

If it's the latter, does it ONLY make the noise when the PC is in standby?  Or does it actually do it all of the time?

And coil whine in a PSU, GPU, etc. is all the same thing.  It's this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetically_induced_acoustic_noise