B450M no POST, beep, video

Go to solution Solved by Margott247,
6 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Yea and check. 

Good luck. 

There we go. Its working fine now! The solution to my problem or rather what I did: 
>Clear the cmos

>Reseat the RAM like 50 000 times, until you get to the bios

>Set the voltage offset to 50mV and DRAM voltage to 1.35

Post, got into windows.

Added second stick, loaded XMP profile.

Working now.

I would have never gotten here without you @TofuHaroto, thank you a lot. You saved me! Id want to donate to you somehow if i didnt have 40 cents on my account.

And I almost gave up on the pc!

Hello I have a b450m steel legend and when I got it, I had to adjust the cpu voltage by 50mV for the ram to not do problems. Now some time later, since 2 days back, my pc started to have issues booting - id turn it om - no video. When id turn it off and on again, it worked. This morning i woke up, turned it on - and nothing. Ive retried a couple times but still nothing. I decided to clean the cmos - nothing. I tried reseating memory - I got signal ONCE with 1 stick, and never again (i reseated around 10+ times). It’s not the gpu. I dont know what else I could do to get it running. Can anyone please help?

Our life is what our thoughts make it.

- Marcus Aurelius

What CPU and memory are you running? If it's a two stick memory kit, are they in slots 2 and 4 on the board?

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?
Are you running the latest BIOS?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Clear the cmos. 

Specs?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

What CPU and memory are you running? If it's a two stick memory kit, are they in slots 2 and 4 on the board?

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?
Are you running the latest BIOS?

Its the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

The memory kit is Crucial Ballistix Sport 3000MHz (2x8GB), yes, they were in slots 2 and 4 until the pc stopped working. Right now i put the pc back together as it was, so they are in those slots again.

I did try clearing the cmos - no change

I am not running the latest bios. If I recall correctly, I am using bios 2.50 https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M Steel Legend/#BIOS

- Marcus Aurelius

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Clear the cmos. 

Specs?

Sorry when I said reset the bios i meant clear the cmos. Just posted the specs

- Marcus Aurelius

1 minute ago, Margott247 said:

Its the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

The memory kit is Crucial Ballistix Sport 3000MHz (2x8GB), yes, they were in slots 2 and 4 until the pc stopped working. Right now i put the pc back together as it was, so they are in those slots again.

I did try clearing the cmos - no change

I am not running the latest bios. If I recall correctly, I am using bios 2.50 https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M Steel Legend/#BIOS

So you took switched the PSU off, took out the CMOS battery for 5-10 minutes and then put it all back together? Just making sure.

I assume you weren't running an overclock on that 2700X, right?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, Margott247 said:

the bios i meant clear the cmos

For how long did you take the battery out? 

Also if I understand you correctly. One stick works but both don't? Try slot 1 and 3 and check. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

So you took switched the PSU off, took out the CMOS battery for 5-10 minutes and then put it all back together? Just making sure.

I assume you weren't running an overclock on that 2700X, right?

I havent waited 10 minutes, i only pushed the power button for some time. Ill do the same and leave the battery out for some time

I had Ryzen Master installed and its possible it was running overclocked. I didnt do any manual overclocking, however.

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

For how long did you take the battery out? 

Also if I understand you correctly. One stick works but both don't? Try slot 1 and 3 and check. 

Nope, none work. The system posted with 1 stick just once and then never again, in any slots. I did all the possible combinations and tried both ram as a single stick in all 4 slots

Sorry if thats not how to do it, my cousin told me to do that

Edited by Margott247

- Marcus Aurelius

havent waited 10 minutes

Unplug everything that's external. Like the power plug. Keyboard etc and then take it out for 10 minutes. 

Nope, none work

Highly unlikely to fix it. But inspect the cpu for any bent pins. And re seat it. 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Unplug everything that's external. Like the power plug. Keyboard etc and then take it out for 10 minutes. 

Highly unlikely to fix it. But inspect the cpu for any bent pins. And re seat it. 

Okay, unplugged

As for the bent pins - 5 days back, I was changing the cooler to a mugen 5. When taking the old cooler off, the cpu stayed on the cooler. I took it off without issues, and didnt notice any bent pins. I will try doing that as a last effort thing i suppose, just in case

- Marcus Aurelius

9 minutes ago, Margott247 said:

Okay, unplugged

As for the bent pins - 5 days back, I was changing the cooler to a mugen 5. When taking the old cooler off, the cpu stayed on the cooler. I took it off without issues, and didnt notice any bent pins. I will try doing that as a last effort thing i suppose, just in case

Nothing, was about 8 minutes, plugged it back and no video

- Marcus Aurelius

11 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Should I check the cpu now then

- Marcus Aurelius

Should I check the cpu now then

I mean clear the cmos first. If that didn't work. Then yea sure. 

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I mean clear the cmos first. If that didn't work. Then yea sure. 

Not a single bent pin, welp. I guess my RAM or motherboard is dead then

- Marcus Aurelius

Just now, Margott247 said:

Not a single bent pin, welp

Clearing the cmos didn't help?

guess my RAM or motherboard is dead then

+50mv shouldn't cause any problems unless the voltage before that was stupid. 

Build Log: 

Clearing the cmos didn't help?

+50mv shouldn't cause any problems unless the voltage before that was stupid. 

Nope it didnt... No video

- Marcus Aurelius

Nope it didnt... No video

Well last option is to try the sticks in a different system. Or try a different kit with the current board. 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Well last option is to try the sticks in a different system. Or try a different kit with the current board. 

Wish I had a way to do that. Well, I enjoyed the system for 6 months. Time to move back to my old computer... :D

- Marcus Aurelius

Wish I had a way to do that

A friend's system or something? Other than that. I'm out of ideas sadly. 

Build Log: 

A friend's system or something? Other than that. I'm out of ideas sadly. 

I just got video with 1 stick in slot 1. Then it went off and no video after that.

(With the same memory)

Edited by Margott247

- Marcus Aurelius

Then it went off and no video after that

Yea if clearing the cmos didn't help them I'm not sure. 

One last thing you can do is short the clear cmos jumpers and check. If that didn't work, then I'm out of ideas sadly. 

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Yea if clearing the cmos didn't help them I'm not sure. 

One last thing you can do is short the clear cmos jumpers and check. If that didn't work, then I'm out of ideas sadly. 

I got into the bios with 1 stick. Is there anything I could to? Should I set the cpu offset back to 50mV?

- Marcus Aurelius

Should I set the cpu offset back to 50mV?

If you booted to the bios then get reset it to default. And then try. 

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

If you booted to the bios then get reset it to default. And then try. 

Okay brother, I booted into Windows with 1 stick. Its in slot 1 downclocked to 2400mhz and at 1.3V, with cpu offset set to 50mV. Should I try inserting the other ram stick?

- Marcus Aurelius

Should I try inserting the other ram stick?

Yea and check. 

Good luck. 

Build Log: