Spidif to 3.5mm (DAC?)

DivineMedia

Hi so I am looking for a spidif(or is it digital out?) adapter. From what I've read it's a DAC unit that I want but I don't know any good and cheap alturnitives for a Canadian

consumer.So to give a little back story as to why I need an adapter it's because I been wanting to record PS3 games but HDCP stopped me from doing that. I found out that an HDMI-DVI adapter would solve that and then I reconverted it with an DVI-HDMI adapter, so I have video but I don't have audio and the only audio output is spidif.

CPU: Intel I5-4670K@ 4 Ghz, Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780, PSU: EVGA 850W Gold, Case: Corsair Spec-01, HDD's: 120GB boot,1TB games,2TB storage, Optical Drive: Generic DVD (Writer?)(occasionally), Misc: Avermedia Live gamer HD, random wireless card my father had(Occasionally)

you can get converters for spdif from either optical to rca analog,or coaxial (looks like an rca but is labelled digital) to rca analog and a straight 3.5 to rca cable that will connect the 3.5 digital on most motherboards and old sound cards to the coaxial on another device.

I think the device you want is this:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-AA2SPDIF-Digital-Coaxial-Converter/dp/B0024CV3T4

you can get cheaper versions of this as well.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

you can get converters for spdif from either optical to rca analog,or coaxial (looks like an rca but is labelled digital) to rca analog and a straight 3.5 to rca cable that will connect the 3.5 digital on most motherboards and old sound cards to the coaxial on another device.

I think the device you want is this:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-AA2SPDIF-Digital-Coaxial-Converter/dp/B0024CV3T4

you can get cheaper versions of this as well.

OK thx

CPU: Intel I5-4670K@ 4 Ghz, Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780, PSU: EVGA 850W Gold, Case: Corsair Spec-01, HDD's: 120GB boot,1TB games,2TB storage, Optical Drive: Generic DVD (Writer?)(occasionally), Misc: Avermedia Live gamer HD, random wireless card my father had(Occasionally)