Should my new gaming pc just be a super fast network card?

Just the title. Will game streaming become so main stream in the near future that it’s pointless to spend a ton of money on dedicated hardware?

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

9 minutes ago, Fre Ragnarsdottir said:

Just the title. Will game streaming become so main stream in the near future that it’s pointless to spend a ton of money on dedicated hardware?

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

To be honest, I highly doubt it from what I've seen from things like Stadia and GeForce Now.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

near future? i'd say not within 5 years

unless there's a breakthrough in networking technologies

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Even if you purchase a high-end network card chances are even an onboard NIC will be able to use the full bandwidth of your residential internet.  

It will be at least a few years before Streaming becomes the norm.  There is also a lot of existing and older games that are fun that you would miss out on if you only bought a basic PC with a high-end network card. 

I don't really play many any games anymore, but I think the gaming industry is turning a bit rotten anyway, I'm not deeply involved into it currently so my perspective may not be a full one.  

I suspect there will be a gaming "enthusiast" community which will play games on their own PCs, and then a more mainstream community playing DRM-Heavy, Microtransaction, Stream-Only games.  A fair way off, but just a prediction.