Freesync display issue

Coltonw023456

so i got this GIGABYTE G27FC 27 freesync with G-Sync Compatible Ready  screen for my gtx 1060 6gbs i heard they will work so i got one but it don't seem to work i know to use G sync i need to use a display port but right now im using HDMI and freesync don't seem to work i still get screen tearing and stutter even with 60 fps or higher it dont drop below 60 most of the time so im so confused 

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824012014?Description=gaming%20moniter%20curved&cm_re=gaming_moniter%20curved-_-24-012-014-_-Product&quicklink=true&fbclid=IwAR1hKn-6huc6LgGTBJWsf7lF5LuKOf_79XpCxRDWWhw9QJJPBYnE2tMrRis

System

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600 AM4 Processor
  • Motherboard
    ASRock B450
  • RAM
    G.SKILL NT Series 16GB
  • GPU
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400S
  • Storage
    ADATA Premier SP550 480GB/WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM
  • PSU
    Rosewill Photon 650W
  • Display(s)
    GIGABYTE G27FC 27
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master MasterLiquid LC240E RGB
  • Keyboard
    Redragon K503 Harpe
  • Mouse
    Redragon M601
  • Sound
    KOTION EACH B3505
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

i know i reposted this but maybe this time people will see it but i talked with geforce and they told me g sync with this Gaming Monitor was not supported for g sync but i can still enable it but it wont work so then i was like oh now i need to get a AMD GPU to use free sync so im so confused i spent alot of money on this Gaming Monitor and my gaming rig is alot of money as well i just want smooth gameplay so  i heard you can use free sync on geforce cards so im so confused nothing works 

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824012014?Description=gaming moniter curved&cm_re=gaming_moniter curved-_-24-012-014-_-Product&quicklink=true&fbclid=IwAR1hKn-6huc6LgGTBJWsf7lF5LuKOf_79XpCxRDWWhw9QJJPBYnE2tMrRis

System

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600 AM4 Processor
  • Motherboard
    ASRock B450
  • RAM
    G.SKILL NT Series 16GB
  • GPU
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Case
    Phanteks Eclipse P400S
  • Storage
    ADATA Premier SP550 480GB/WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM
  • PSU
    Rosewill Photon 650W
  • Display(s)
    GIGABYTE G27FC 27
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master MasterLiquid LC240E RGB
  • Keyboard
    Redragon K503 Harpe
  • Mouse
    Redragon M601
  • Sound
    KOTION EACH B3505
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

Where did you buy it and when?

When you spoke to GeForce what exactly did they say, because there is a difference between a G-Sync monitor and a G-Sync compatible monitor.

Your GPU is FreeSync compatible in any event according to these people:

https://blurbusters.com/gsync/supported-graphics-cards/

So no need to buy anything.

1 minute ago, Dravinian said:

Where did you buy it and when?

When you spoke to GeForce what exactly did they say, because there is a difference between a G-Sync monitor and a G-Sync compatible monitor.

Your GPU is FreeSync compatible in any event according to these people:

https://blurbusters.com/gsync/supported-graphics-cards/

So no need to buy anything.

well my monitor is g sync compatible ready and when i told them and showed them the link that i gave u is where i got it from just the other day i got it 

3 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

well my monitor is g sync compatible ready and when i told them and showed them the link that i gave u is where i got it from just the other day i got it 

I can see why you may have had some difficulty getting responses before.

What did GeForce say when you contacted them?

This is a Gigabyte product, it is highly unlikely that they are falsely advertising their product.  It is more likely a configuration issue that you need to address.

Are you using a Display Port cable to the monitor?

they just told me that the screen was not able to do G sync and if i wanted to use freesync i would need a AMD GPU and yes i am using a displayport 

"but i can still enable it but it wont work"

How have you tested this?

I doubt very much that GeForce told you to buy an AMD GPU when the GPU you have is FreeSync compatible on that monitor, as is the rest of their range after the 900 series.

Can you copy and paste the email they sent you? Or are you talking about someone in a shop told you this?

"but i can still enable it but it wont work"

How have you tested this?

I doubt very much that GeForce told you to buy an AMD GPU when the GPU you have is FreeSync compatible on that monitor, as is the rest of their range after the 900 series.

Can you copy and paste the email they sent you? Or are you talking about someone in a shop told you this?

i have tested games and the demos of bechmarks and g sync is not working still get stutter and tearing but yet i do get stutter even with v sync or with out it but i know its a sync issue with games not the pc its self cause i got many computers and other parts before in my years and still the same issue i just never got a free sync or g sync screen untill now but as you see in the control panel of nvidia i have it enabled thats what i ment by enabled if i disable freesync this set up g sync box goes away so i have freesync on in my screen settings like the monitor it self but even if g sync disabled i tryed enableing freesync in the monitor settings and still stutter and screen tearing worse then if im using v sync so i know its not working but if i use v sync and the fps drops lower then the refresh rate i will get alot of stutter every time the frame drops so 

image.thumb.png.0d261a4a5d58e7b2429cb1bb5e31f7c1.pngimage.png.d9701e76d272ab6a1840820613c15bad.png

3 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

i have tested games and the demos of bechmarks and g sync is not working still get stutter and tearing but yet i do get stutter even with v sync or with out it but i know its a sync issue with games not the pc its self cause i got many computers and other parts before in my years and still the same issue i just never got a free sync or g sync screen untill now but as you see in the control panel of nvidia i have it enabled thats what i ment by enabled if i disable freesync this set up g sync box goes away so i have freesync on in my screen settings like the monitor it self but even if g sync disabled i tryed enableing freesync in the monitor settings and still stutter and screen tearing worse then if im using v sync so i know its not working but if i use v sync and the fps drops lower then the refresh rate i will get alot of stutter every time the frame drops so 

You don't get the option to enable G-Sync without G-sync being there.

Your problem has nothing to do with your monitor. Your monitor has told the drivers correctly that it is Gsync, your GPU drivers have recognised it as a Gsync monitor.

If something else is going on, it isn't your monitor.

I didn't read your post, it was too much trouble, but the image alone was enough to tell me the above.

4 minutes ago, Dravinian said:

Your problem has nothing to do with your monitor. Your monitor has told the drivers correctly that it is Gsync, your GPU drivers have recognised it as a Gsync monitor.

If something else is going on, it isn't your monitor.

I didn't read your post, it was too much trouble, but the image alone was enough to tell me the above.

so what do i do now ? how do i  use freesync instead 

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Threads merged

Double posting and reposting isn't allowed.

Grrrr, I lost the post I jsut wrote :P

To OP:

You can try testing it here:

https://www.testufo.com/gsync

If you can't see it working, then reinstall your drivers.

You should have Gsync, there is no reason it shouldn't work that I can see.

Grrrr, I lost the post I jsut wrote :P

To OP:

You can try testing it here:

https://www.testufo.com/gsync

If you can't see it working, then reinstall your drivers.

You should have Gsync, there is no reason it shouldn't work that I can see.

like what are the steps to enable freesync ? with gtx card is enabling it in the screen settings the only thing 

7 hours ago, Coltonw023456 said:

like what are the steps to enable freesync ? with gtx card is enabling it in the screen settings the only thing 

If you have the enable G-sync button, then tick that button, it should be on.

5 hours ago, Dravinian said:

If you have the enable G-sync button, then tick that button, it should be on.

it should be but its not working nothing is lol