Is this a good budget gaming pc?

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Are you in a hurry? New RTX and Zen CPUs are coming out soon.

I am in a hurry because the prebuilt I have bought and decided to return is about to be at the end of the return policy and I don't want to be without a pc for long.

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Cheaper PSU, use that money and if you can spend a bit more for a 2060, it should be less then 100$ more costing 319$. 

What PSU would you suggest? I'm a noob to pc building.

B550 boards are slightly more expensive but are a good pick up. It hard to say which ones to go with since theres not a ton of reviews yet on them. (or maybe I just missed them?)

I've just upgraded my home office pc today with a MSI B550-A and a Ryzen 3100 and 16 GB Ripjaws V, got the parts for 330 with shipping. The board is solid with 7 fan headers, front usb 2, 3 and c headers as well as rgb connectors if you fancy that. For me it was important to get something I can upgrade later and that was available right away, also I needed the 6 SATA ports for my storage drives.

I have no real recommendation when it comes to power supplies, just get a brand name with a 2yr or more warranty and make sure it's at least ATX 2.3 standard. Also if it has a larger fan it will likely be quieter but that is not always the case. I had good experienced with EVGA and Cooler Master PSUs in the lower price range, if you can find some, be-quiet are also pretty good. I'd stay away from Thermaltake these days but Enermax, Superflower and Seasonic of course and others are really good, but generally more expensive. You could get away with a 400 or 450 Watts unit but if you ever want to upgrade that GPU I'd go with at least 500 Watts. There is no real benefit going over 700 unless you plan on upgrading to 3950X and a 2080 TI.

Can I ask you RAM555789, why do you recommend the B550 motherboard?

The reason I ask is basically most of the parts he has listed in his build is exactly what I'll be putting together tomorrow. The only difference being I have a MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max MB. Would you go with that or the B550 and why?

12 minutes ago, Belfast Dave said:

The reason I ask is basically most of the parts he has listed in his build is exactly what I'll be putting together tomorrow. The only difference being I have a MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max MB. Would you go with that or the B550 and why?

When trying to get the attention of another member, it's best to either quote them, like I just did for you.

Or to @ them. When you type @ and some characters after it, it should give you a list of names.
@RAM555789

That said, B550 motherboard have the advantage of actually being validated for the Ryzen 3000 and work right out of the box. A lot of B450 motherboards don't support Ryzen 3000 out of the box. (Though that shouldn't be much of an issue with the motherboards being sold right now)

B550 also has PCI-e 4.0 support and will support Zen 3 CPUs without relinquishing BIOS compatibility with older CPUs, unlike B450 which will drop them and harm the resell capability since it will only be compatible with a select few CPUs instead of "all of them".

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

22 hours ago, Belfast Dave said:

Like TetraSky said, its going to support Zen 3 CPUs which will drop later this year, it just doesn't make sense to buy a B450 board unless your on a super tight budget and have no other options.