Linus reading his hate mail YouTube video

I'm just wondering why Linus gets so much hate mail. I just dont get it. If people hate him so much, why in the name of all that is holy, why do they watch his videos? I watch the vid of him reading some hate mail, I wonder does it bother him? Probably not, because each one of the haters watching his videos just adds to his youtube income. Let them watch and hate, fair play to him! Hail Linus!

Edited by LogicalDrm

You literally didn't post anything, it's blank.

7 minutes ago, Belfast Dave said:

And like any "famous" person, there will be jealous people out there who will hate him for whatever reason they may have to justify it. It can be for a variety of things. Either because of his stance on something, because they "can't stand his voice" or just because they were dropped on the head as a baby.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I've only started watching him on youtube recently and subscribed. Personally, I like his quirky mannerisms in how he presents his clips. Plus, being quite knowledgeable in the field also helps I suppose. I think he's funny to watch, and doesn't take himself too seriously. Plus, being Canadian, he also gets my thumbs up. My aunt and uncle emigrated to Canada in the 60's, I still have the C$20 note she brought me back from the mid 80's 🙂

Yeah, I mucked up at the start, sorry about that

Me being a newbie n all. Oopsie. But I'll get there eventually.

The same way I'll get my latest build to turn on. I've put it together, power on, and....nothing.

Haven't built a computer since the Pentium 3 was the latest thing, ISA slots were still included on mainboardsmain boards, my voodoo 2 graphics card was the bees knees, and 512Mb of RAM was considered a LOT. I'm actually having to re-learn a lot of stuff, especially through LTT videos. Eg M.2 NvMe drives, modular PSU's & when did ATI Radeons become AMD Radeons? Lol

8 minutes ago, Belfast Dave said:

The same way I'll get my latest build to turn on. I've put it together, power on, and....nothing.

Welcome to the forum!
If you can’t figure out how to get it to start, there is a troubleshooting section here where people will be able to help.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Thanks Zeusthermoose.

It's very late where I am, Ireland & UK are 5/6/7 hours ahead of US & Canada (depending on your location), so I'll check out the forums tomorrow. Thank you in advance.

Dave.

2 hours ago, Belfast Dave said:

I'm just wondering why Linus gets so much hate mail. I just dont get it. 

What you mean by that? He has 11E subscribers. Even if the 0.1% had a bad day, they are still 11.000 people. They are not many people that hates him, they are just a few retards. Just a small percentage of a big number

5 hours ago, Belfast Dave said:

I've only started watching him on youtube recently and subscribed. Personally, I like his quirky mannerisms in how he presents his clips. Plus, being quite knowledgeable in the field also helps I suppose. I think he's funny to watch, and doesn't take himself too seriously. Plus, being Canadian, he also gets my thumbs up. My aunt and uncle emigrated to Canada in the 60's, I still have the C$20 note she brought me back from the mid 80's 🙂

Yeah, I mucked up at the start, sorry about that

Me being a newbie n all. Oopsie. But I'll get there eventually.

Haven't built a computer since the Pentium 3 was the latest thing, ISA slots were still included on mainboardsmain boards, my voodoo 2 graphics card was the bees knees, and 512Mb of RAM was considered a LOT. I'm actually having to re-learn a lot of stuff, especially through LTT videos. Eg M.2 NvMe drives, modular PSU's & when did ATI Radeons become AMD Radeons? Lol

sorry for answer this late but just wanted to let you know that you be not alone with all that you said. Am here maybe the newbie from all newbie at all. I literaraly startet here in those pages and made big mistakes like i seem to do again to answer something that it is to late and i was also building this Pc 2 Month before and also for me it was like to learn everything from scrach new because there was so many new for me that i never heard about and made maybe that mistake that i brought my stuff from amazon cz in my near there is like zero (0) pc shop that i could buy just parts and if want here a pc then u need to meet media market where prices are came strait from moon and so old stuff that i thought (oh man i made it to go back in 2000 lol cz all them sell there is old new or is just slow and dont say that bad that u want to game with it lol) anyhow i got my first pc long time ago that was an atary 16bit then schneider cpc 450 after that i made a step forward to pencium 1 pc then pencium 2 then 3 and so on and had at least an hp pavilion dv6 11 years ago and about a year later was my health get me into big troubble so that i end here with lay in bet and getting people on them nuts is like all can do and be not alowed to stay up apart of that am not be able to do so it is no good. Anyhow just want to let u know that u be not alone to feel old and am be happy to be able to talk to people over net and get often harrased and getting lots of bad hate over internet but those cant hurt me cz them do not know that i have to use every day realy hard drugs that i dont feel all those pain that is in my body and so am using fentanyl and oxicodone and have often feel that it make not mutch sence what am writing. You might understand that i often use to get hate and i guess that when u have so many people that watching your videos like linus does than it is for me clear that there are to many people out there that are crazy and just hate anyone and everything special when then have so much sugsess like linus have and i think that those people be just to stupid to see how many work that man made over so many years and those might hate themself that them be not able to do same as linus made cz i think it is not always easy going out there speziell when u have to cz u work on ur own buisness and i can say that cz i had once my own company and had often days working over 18 hrs work and now i just pay the price of it with my health. just so mutch want to say before i get harsch comments for me is linus not only a super star for me he is a hero that made that i was able with my son to get here a working pc that can run  AAA games.

Technically Radeons never really became AMD in anything other than marketing. ATI was bought by AMD and was ran under AMD for a few years but after some pretty poor sales it was decided that the GPU division should be spun off into its own company again so AMD created Radeon Technology Group AKA RTG (I believe they're a subsidiary but I could be wrong on that) who still operate AMDs GPU business to this day.

So while Radeons are sold as AMD products they're not really AMD products (even though they also actually kind of are too).

Its a very weird and interesting story TBH.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

which video is this? is it the mean tweets thing he did in the past?

Details separate people.