Wix got DDoSed

sevs

what heppends when you get DDosed?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Wix didn't sponsor Linus, competitor Squarespace did...Wix gets DDOSed. COINCIDENCE?

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

its like an overflow of packets and so much data that the router or server cant handle it, it just crashes. (this is just basic terms)

Op wtf is wix?

Hmmm... Never heard of it.

Signatures are stupid.

I really don't understand why people DDoS it's absolutely stupid. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

To claim that they are "hackers". :P 

DDoS isnt just to kick someone offline well it is but if u want to get into something "hack" something majority of the time its done by taking it down by DDoS then penetrating during the reboot.

Shouldnt make statements when u don't know what u are talking about.

I remember using wix back in 2009....

I thought the service went down years ago.

"With every meeting, comes a parting. However, not every parting has to last forever."

i use to love wix, back when Gaia Online was a thing i used it to make profile pages, along with a couple web pages for school projects, it was so simple a 13 year old could use it

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

Wix websites imo has very flashy websites but I think it was this one that had a bandwidth cap which isn't that good. Wonder what was the reason behind this.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

No, it's a form of peaceful protest one can do with electronics instead of physically being somewhere. Sure, some people abuse it, but it has proven to be useful in the past.

its like an overflow of packets and so much data that the router or server cant handle it, it just crashes. (this is just basic terms)

Op wtf is wix?

its a simple website creator

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I wish people would just stop doing stuff like this.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I wish people would just stop doing stuff like this.

What happens when you package a powerful thing into a nice simple package and shove it out there for kids to find and think they are so 'kewl' for using it.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

DDoS isnt just to kick someone offline well it is but if u want to get into something "hack" something majority of the time its done by taking it down by DDoS then penetrating during the reboot.

Shouldnt make statements when u don't know what u are talking about.

wat. You shouldn't make statements when you don't know what you're talking about either. Unless you're using power over ethernet (which I doubt you would ever do for servers. If you do, you're stupid.), there is no point where it would turn off. It would just lose connection to the internet.

When you DDOS someone you send so many requests to the server which would cause it to crash. Sort of like how when you try to blow to blow too much air in a balloon and it would explode but instead a DDOS would send too many packets (think of them as parcels) which the server (think of it as a warehouse) wouldn't have the bandwidth for (think of them as employees) so they'd be under to much load and crash. So you make the server crash by making it go crazy

wat. You shouldn't make statements when you don't know what you're talking about either. Unless you're using power over ethernet (which I doubt you would ever do for servers. If you do, you're stupid.), there is no point where it would turn off. It would just lose connection to the internet.

omg lol Just no please dont do this.

Wix didn't sponsor Linus, competitor Squarespace did...Wix gets DDOSed. COINCIDENCE?

???? Please explain what this has anything to do with linus.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V