linux equivalent to robocopy?

hi guys! i'm on a teamdrive and right now to copy local folders to my teamdrive folder i use raidrive and a robocopy batch since i'm on windows 10... the issue is that now i have a linux system too where there's some files i need to copy to my teamdrive using raidrive (or any other way to mount my teamdrive to as network folder since raidrive doesn't support linux sadly)...is there a similiar software as robocopy in linux?

right now i use files like:
robocopy *local directory* *teamdrive directory* /mir /xo /xx /fft

i'd love to do the same on linux cause it would be slighty boring to make a dual OS and switch os everytime i need to sync stuff with my teamdrive ^^"

Metalhead with a huge itch for PC gaming, video editing and audio recording, currently playing in a band and pwning n00bs in the summoners rift ;)

something that would be amazing to start with is a way to mount a teamdrive (that's a google drive) as a network folder, from there i can even begin with copying stuff with just copy paste at first without any automations... it still would be a good start 

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Sounds to me like you're looking for RSYNC or RSYNC over SSH.

Metalhead with a huge itch for PC gaming, video editing and audio recording, currently playing in a band and pwning n00bs in the summoners rift ;)

Just now, y0ur5h4d0w said:

something that would be amazing to start with is a way to mount a teamdrive (that's a google drive) as a network folder, from there i can even begin with copying stuff with just copy paste at first without any automations... it still would be a good start 

might want rclone then.

4 minutes ago, y0ur5h4d0w said:

I can't help with Google Drive storage unless it's accessible over SSH. I don't know of Linux tools aimed towards GD but as Electronics Wizardy stated it looks like rclone is a thing. It says it's for services like GD.

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

might want rclone then.

hmmm i was looking at rclone a while ago while i was thinking about what to use on windows but it looked soooooooo damn hard to use :( can you help me just to mount the drive as a network folder? i don't understand much of "just code" stuff 

4 minutes ago, y0ur5h4d0w said:

hmmm i was looking at rclone a while ago while i was thinking about what to use on windows but it looked soooooooo damn hard to use :( can you help me just to mount the drive as a network folder? i don't understand much of "just code" stuff 

DO they have a native linux client to use?

Rclone really isn't tht hard to use, just try it.

1 hour ago, y0ur5h4d0w said:

hi guys! i'm on a teamdrive and right now to copy local folders to my teamdrive folder i use raidrive and a robocopy batch since i'm on windows 10... the issue is that now i have a linux system too where there's some files i need to copy to my teamdrive using raidrive (or any other way to mount my teamdrive to as network folder since raidrive doesn't support linux sadly)...is there a similiar software as robocopy in linux?

right now i use files like:
robocopy *local directory* *teamdrive directory* /mir /xo /xx /fft

i'd love to do the same on linux cause it would be slighty boring to make a dual OS and switch os everytime i need to sync stuff with my teamdrive ^^"

I am not sure what team drive is or robocopy or raidrive for that matter. I do see a package for something called team drive in the AUR that links to a deb package

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/teamdrive/.

https://download.teamdrive.net/4.6.2639/TMDR/linux-x86_64/teamdrive-4.6.11_amd64.deb

You could also check and see if they offer webdav or sftp for mounting as a folder. I know dolphin file manager in KDE makes setting something like that up very easy.

Otherwise Rclone or Rsync are probably what your after.

58 minutes ago, y0ur5h4d0w said:

I missed this post.

If your using KDE there is a plugin for google drive support to mount it as a network folder. kio-gdrive.

https://community.kde.org/KIO_GDrive

Once installed you can just Navigate to Networks and add it.

2 hours ago, Nayr438 said:

I missed this post.

If your using KDE there is a plugin for google drive support to mount it as a network folder. kio-gdrive.

https://community.kde.org/KIO_GDrive

Once installed you can just Navigate to Networks and add it.

i'm currently using linux mint but i'm downloading right now KDA Neon to try it let's see what happens! if it works you've saved me a huge headache hahaha

20 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

DO they have a native linux client to use?

Rclone really isn't tht hard to use, just try it.

Rclone works amazingly! :D didn't know it was actually easy to config... maybe the craptop of code lines scared me hahahaha
do you maybe know how to make rclone mount at startup my google drive to the designed folder? i can't find much online and i'm pretty noob about "konsole" stuff

20 hours ago, y0ur5h4d0w said:

i'm currently using linux mint but i'm downloading right now KDA Neon to try it let's see what happens! if it works you've saved me a huge headache hahaha

Did you get this to work?

3 hours ago, y0ur5h4d0w said:

Rclone works amazingly! :D didn't know it was actually easy to config... maybe the craptop of code lines scared me hahahaha
do you maybe know how to make rclone mount at startup my google drive to the designed folder? i can't find much online and i'm pretty noob about "konsole" stuff

Not personally familiar with rclone, but this might be what your after https://www.jamescoyle.net/how-to/3116-rclone-systemd-startup-mount-script

On 7/23/2020 at 9:38 PM, Nayr438 said:

Did you get this to work?

Not personally familiar with rclone, but this might be what your after https://www.jamescoyle.net/how-to/3116-rclone-systemd-startup-mount-script

i managed to make it work with rclone :D now i just need to make the startup selfmount stuff