New Gaming PC, CPU running hot

dsong98

I have been testing my new PC, here are the specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/dsong98/saved/g6m9NG

- Ryzen 5 3600 (Wraith Stealth Cooler)

- Radeon 5700xt

- b450 Tomahawk Max

I tried playing Modern Warfare for a few hours, and the temps spiked to 96C, at an average of like 80-85C. This is not normal is it?

I am worried that I didn't install the CPU cooler well enough. For some reason, I could not screw it down more, as it was blocked by some shield on the mobo. Would this be a problem, if the cooler was not screwed in all the way? Would it be a good idea to flip the cooler, as it seems there is room for the AMD logo on the cooler on the other side next to the RAM.

CPU_cooler.png

people say the stealth cooler is enough. i disagree get yourself an aftermarket cooler.

If you can give a budget. i can give recommendation.

On 7/20/2020 at 2:53 AM, narrdarr said:

people say the stealth cooler is enough. i disagree get yourself an aftermarket cooler.

If you can give a budget. i can give recommendation.

My budget is probably like $50. I am leaning towards the Hyper 212 evo, as it is cheap and has good recommendations. My only hesitation is that some people say it does not come with the AM4 mounting bracket.

I am also thinking about adding case fans instead of upgrading the CPU fan. I was thinking of the 2x or 3x Cooler Master MF120R A-RGB.

1 hour ago, dsong98 said:

My budget is probably like $50. I am leaning towards the Hyper 212 evo, as it is cheap and has good recommendations. My only hesitation is that some people say it does not come with the AM4 mounting bracket.

I am also thinking about adding case fans instead of upgrading the CPU fan. I was thinking of the 2x or 3x Cooler Master MF120R A-RGB.

Modern 212s should come with AM4 brackets, the mounting mechanism is kinda dumb but it's a decent cooler. Your case already has great airflow-- you could add more case fans if you wanted but they wouldn't make as much difference as a decent air cooler.

here is a list cooler that are sub 50$ that are all good

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition

DEEPCOOL NEPTWIN V2

be quiet! Pure Rock 2

FSP Windale 6

ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO

RAIJINTEK THEMIS EVO

RAIJINTEK EREBOSS

Here are the one that i would choose

DEEPCOOL NEPTWIN V2

FSP Windale 6

RAIJINTEK EREBOSS

be quiet! Pure Rock 2

All black coolers

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition

be quiet! Pure Rock 2

FSP Windale 6

6 hours ago, dsong98 said:

Don't pick EVO. It's too old at this point, and even CoolerMaster has made new versions of it. Something like Arctic Freezer eSports 33/34 is easily better pick.

Evo has good recommendations because it's been on markets so long, but it's dropped from top position years ago.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv