Samsung Health is getting rid of Weight, Food and Caffeine tracking

DefaultPlayer

If I was still using a Samsung phone, this change would've definitely helped me feel better about myself.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

-Moved to Off Topic-

Follow the posting guidelines for tech news. You are given a format to post with when you go to create a thread in the sub. No reason to delete it.

Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING - Tech News - Linus Tech Tips

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

MyFitnessPal is superior 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

23 hours ago, DefaultPlayer said:

Summary

According to an article on sammobile.com, Samsung Health is getting rid of Weight, Food and Caffeine tracking and deleting all of the related data by the end of the month

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-health-getting-rid-weight-food-caffeine-tracking/

Why would a health feature remove 2 of the biggest health related factors... Are they going to stop tracking activity next? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 hour ago, duncannah said:

Well I guess it's useless now. Not sure what to use now

I wouldn't say it's useless. In fact, I use Samsung health quite a bit and I have not used the weight, food and caffeine tracking.

I use it for tracking exercises (although I use a separate app for things like rep and weight tracking) like distance ran, my pulse, my sleep and steps.

It feels weird that they would remove these functions though, as I don't really see them as being anything that costs money to maintain.

On 7/19/2020 at 12:44 PM, Lord Vile said:

Why would a health feature remove 2 of the biggest health related factors... Are they going to stop tracking activity next? 

My guess is because it wasnt measurable by the phone, so nobody used it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro