stupid thought

Orika
Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
1 minute ago, Orika said:

What if i plugged a console HDMI into my graphics card?

Nothing would happen. The HDMI-port on your GPU is an output, not an input.

1 minute ago, Orika said:

What if i plugged a console HDMI into my graphics card?

Nothing would happen. The HDMI-port on your GPU is an output, not an input.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, Orika said:

What if i plugged a console HDMI into my graphics card? as i said. stupid thought i had haha

You mean plugged the cable going from your console into your GPU? Nothing. Both are outputs. You could plug your GPU into your Xbox One's (if you have Xbox One) other HDMI port, as it is a pass-through, but I think it is only 1.2b or whatever, so you might not be getting full output.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

You wouldn't achieve anything... connecting an output to an output doesn't work.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

The PC absorbs all the compute power from the console.

You actually get double the compute power if you use HDMI 2.0, Userbenchmark just confirmed it.

No but really, connecting two HDMI-outs will do nothing, regarding OP's thought.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

15 minutes ago, Orika said:

What if i plugged a console HDMI into my graphics card? as i said. stupid thought i had haha

It opens a portal to the Linus Dimension - a parallel universe, where the only stores online and offline are LTTStore.com and the only drink in existence is cold fresh water.

Linus interrupts your dreams with sponsor segues, and in the waking world, 1000 miniature Anthonys follow you everywhere, telling you to use Linux.

Bricks both GPUs and then you cry badly. 

Yep, agree. Stupid though lol.