just reduce the size of those side-bar icons. Gnome-shell

Hello team,

I'm quite new to Linux. On and off lurker and inquisitive as hell, but never quite managed to make Linux look the way that I really want it to- though that's a case of trial and error, I will get there eventually.

I really enjoy gnome-shell as a space, but one thing that annoys the heck out of me is the size of those icons on the side bar.
In OSX you are able to just click and drag to reduce the size.

Am I able to achieve something similar in popOS. I just find those icons far too big and need them reduced in size

Cheers

Screenshot from 2020-07-16 18-16-11.png

Oh I did this once before...it was either in the settings menu, right-clicking the desktop, or right-clicking the side bar and changing something there.

I don't have access to my desktop ATM so I can't verify it for you. Sorry, but what you want is possible. :)

5 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Oh I did this once before...it was either in the settings menu, right-clicking the desktop, or right-clicking the side bar and changing something there.

I don't have access to my desktop ATM so I can't verify it for you. Sorry, but what you want is possible. :)

Hmm. If you suddenly remember how to do it, it would be amazing if you could post it here.

Cheers

1 minute ago, mikber said:

Hmm. If you suddenly remember how to do it, it would be amazing if you could post it here.

Cheers

What exact distro are you running? It looks like Ubuntu with a non-default theme.

Check: All Settings > Appearance > Look > Launcher Icon Size

There should be a slider that let's you make them smaller or bigger.

You may also be able to find it using the search function.

36 minutes ago, mikber said:

@Windows7ge its POP OS with arc-dark theme over it.

It uses the Ubuntu side bar. That's interesting for the last time I looked at PopOS. But IIRC PopOS is a derivative of Ubuntu (Like Linux Mint) so it's not that strange.

If you go to your All Settings menu and search for keywords related to what I suggested does anything useful come up?