WoWLAN won't work, AX200

AndDevin

Hi there!

I have this WiFi card in my PC. This router is what I'm using. I'll post the rest of my PC details at the end of the post.

I'm trying to get Wake on Wireless LAN (WoWLAN) working and have been for about two months now. I've done a lot of searching and made a lot of settings changes. On the adapter itself, I've set it to not turn off to save power and to allow the card to wake from sleep via magic packet. I've also ensured my power plan settings don't interfere with the feature. I've also allowed it via BIOS.

I searched and found this thread which basically explains my same situation, right down to using a WiFi 6 capable card. 

What seems to be happening, despite my best efforts, is that the WiFi card is powering down as a part of the sleep process. Watching the active connections on my router shows my PC drop off as soon as it enters sleep mode. Obviously, if the PC isn't showing on the network, a magic packet will never make it to the destination. Any ideas what I could be missing?

What I'm working with:

Spoiler
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • MoBo: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16
  • GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING
  • PSU: Corsair 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 

46lH9YafMd.png

eNGtqVGhgy.png

foROGmyuKO.png

Zcv2EmPwYb.png

3 minutes ago, AndDevin said:

Any ideas what I could be missing?

nah you found it. If the card doesn't have power then it's not going to work. board could just have an unfixed bug that has never been patched due to it being such a rare thing that most people dont do

19 minutes ago, emosun said:

nah you found it. If the card doesn't have power then it's not going to work. board could just have an unfixed bug that has never been patched due to it being such a rare thing that most people dont do

Bummer. Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll submit a ticket on Asus' website and hope it does something.