How well do you think Titanfall will do on PC?

With all the attention based off of the Xbox One for Titanfall's release will this game have nearly as much support on the PC side of things? With that in mind will Titanfall just flop and no one on the PC side buy it or the Xbox gamers just keep playing normal FPS games. This game has quite a lot of Steam behind it at the moment but will it really stand the test of time?

Kind Regards

Mozart9800 

post-62530-0-09010100-1393692465_thumb.j

Well I played it in beta and if it does well I will kind of be disappointed with my fellow PC gamers. Its just not really very good, solidly implemented but nothing special or interesting or new. I hope its not big but if it is I'll just sigh.

I think it'll do fairly well.  Not much coming out right now.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

I think it'll be very successful. Many of the major Youtube BF4 players will be playing and recording Titanfall gameplay.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

All I know, as good as the game is for a AAA title, it deserves all it can get. Even if EA stinks up the room a bit.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well I played it in beta and if it does well I will kind of be disappointed with my fellow PC gamers. Its just not really very good, solidly implemented but nothing special or interesting or new. I hope its not big but if it is I'll just sigh.

Just because you don't like the game, doesn't mean everyone else has to. Personally, I think Titanfall in an amazing game.

Also, What do you mean "nothing special or interesting or new"? What other FPS lets you control giant robots, run on walls and super jump with a jetpack? Also, what other FPS has minions trying to take points on the map aside from the actual players?

Therese is TONS of new Ideas. I've never seen a FPS that lets you attempt to retreat to a spaceship and fly away when you lose. Likewise, you get to chase the losing team down while they try to retreat when you win. The game does a REALLY good job of making you feel like you always win, or did good. Dying by enemy players because they are better than you sucks, but Killing the grunts makes you feel good because you always feel like your killing more than you get killed, also retreating to the space ship and getting away makes you feel like you won the game even though you lost.

Oh, and there will be giant alien creatures on the outsides of the maps that probably will look awesome. The beta seemed really balanced (maybe the Shotgun was a little OP), they did a good job with the pilot load outs as well as the Titan load outs, and the challenges in the game were cool as well. 

The game is made by the creators of COD 4 and MW2, arguably the best FPS games of all time. But, this game is soooo much more than COD with Robots.

i think it will be as big as cod is on pc.

I hope not, I think the game will get played on PC a lot because it's so different and it's a fresh take on the FPS genre. However, it's hard to tell. Pc gamers are stuck on Counter strike and Battlefield for some reason. Two of the worst (major) FPS series in my opinion.

It'll do well for awhile and then die down once people get bored with the 6 vs. 6 and AI bots.

It's riding on hype right now.

It will be brought and played however whether or not it'll support modding/more customized settings and servers will most likely be the deciding factors.

These predictions... good or bad... is silly based off the Beta content. There will be so much more in game, and stuff they STILL have not told us about the game.

People still judging Titanfall based off the Beta... Restricted Items and Two maps... dynamic entity environments left out, lots of weapons and cards/other things left out... let alone the rest of the maps to enjoy.

People must love picking something to pieces... opinions flaring and flying... so much naysay'ing and hate...

I'll come back when we see more of the game.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

These predictions... good or bad... is silly based off the Beta content.

My predictions are based on MP games with bots and small human player counts in the past.  

They simply don't last very long  people get bored and move on.

Even games like Red Orchestra suffer from bot filled servers driving away players.

Fact is, Titanfall is 90% hype machine in overdrive

I wouldn't doupt EA is again paying a few Youtuber's to drive it.

I think it will boom on launch, but quickly fizzle out.

If they decide later to ditch the AI bots and replace them with humans, increase the map sizes and buff up the textures I may buy it then.

Based on how awesome the beta is I would guess it will do well, but I'm too addicted to DayZ to care right now.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

The Beta was awesome in my opinion. Then again, EA likes to **** stuff up like the new NFS games . I hope EA does not mess up the the final game. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

It'll do well for awhile and then die down once people get bored with the 6 vs. 6 and AI bots.

It's riding on hype right now.

If they decide later to ditch the AI bots and replace them with humans, increase the map sizes and buff up the textures I may buy it then.

It seems like you have a big issue with the AI in the game... have you played the beta?

The bots in Titanfall are NOTHING like the bots in other games. In Red Orchestra (and other games) the bots pretty much take up the spots that were not taken by human players. They have access to the same weapons, equipment, they have the same amount of heath and they deal the same amount of damage as human players. In Titanfall the bots (called Minions), have a lower amount of health, deal less damage, and have fairly poor aiming skills compared to the pilots(human players). Also, they can not get in Titans. There are two types of minions (Grunts, and Spectres) Spectres are a bit more powerful than the Grunts, and I think the Spectres have the same, possibly more heath than pilots. Still they don't deal a lot of damage and just like the grunts they do not pose a large threat to the Pilots and Titans unless there is a large group of them running around.  

The minions pretty much kill the other teams minions and they can potentially kill the other teams Pilots and Titans. Also, the minions can help secure objectives faster.  The spectres can be 'hacked' (since they are robots). When a Spectre gets hacked, it will follow the pilot that hacked it around the map helping him/her kill enemys and secure objectives. It is possible to hack more than one Spectre, so you could have a massive army of Spectres running around with you providing you backup. 

Also, the minions provide a huge role in the game mode Attrition (Titanfall's version of Team Deathmatch), the scoring system for Attrition goes as follows...

Grunts - 1 point
Spectres - 2 points
Pilots - 4 points 
Titans - 5 points
Pilot in a Titan - 9 points

First team to 250 points wins the game.

Say if a player was 'bad' at first person shooters, they can STILL help the team by killing the enemy minions, and you also earn XP for killing them. I think it adds a whole new and fun dimension to the boring TDM that we see in every other FPS. I like to think of the Minions as 'Creeps' like in a MOBA. They play a very important role in the game, but at the same time they are very weak, and need the assistance of the human players to complete the objectives. 

All that being said, there is rumors that Titanfall will have a Pilot only gamemode. So I'm assuming that means no Titans or Minions.

Even though i have zero interest in it, i'm sure it will do quite well.

I know game will do on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One. But PC is a whole different ball game. Just look at COD, Cod is the most played game on consoles, but On PC no one really plays it. Witch sucks, because I would love to play COD on my PC but since there hardly a community for it I have to play COD on my PS4. Hopefully Titanfall PC community is big because I don't own a Xbox 360 anymore and I don't plan on buying a Xbox one. 

ithink it will be the most played shooter for PC eventually or at least close to BF4

It'll have to pass CS:GO's 100,000 a day playerbase first lol ;D

Personally I really like it; I was having a good time even when I was technically doing badly (unlike when I play BF4, when I can get annoyed even when doing well :mellow:)