My First Build Gaming Pc

If you want to overclock upgrade your CPU cooler. Mayby waste a thought on prefilled liquid coolers.

Well it's a little bit older, but that shouldn't be a con. It's still a good mobo from what i can see: 4 fan connectors on the board (sadly only one is 4pin - but you'll just plug your cpu cooler there and the rest of the fans in the R4 probably, so not a bother at all), a power and reset button on the board itself, the OC genie II function, a voltage reader on the board(over the OC Genie button i think), no internal connector for USB3 but there's 2 USB3 ports on the I/O panel... and it overclocks like a beast.

Not sure if the OC Genie function will apply to a non-K CPU... sadly i own an AMD rig.. maybe somebody here can offer an opinion on that(really wish i could help more on the CPU part, but i'm kind of limited there).

But other than that yes, quite a good motherboard.

EDIT1: Just found out that if you go with the Z68 you'd need to update your BIOS for it to support Ivy Bridge. That basically means that you'd need a Sandy Bridge CPU to use for a short while just to update the BIOS. Sounds like too much hassle.

so it is better to take a other motherboard.

if so any suggestions?

looking into it. could you maybe throw some prices our way so we know what to look for? it's good to also look at your build as a whole and see if you can cut back on some parts to improve others.

i also asked about the 212 Evo, that one will definitely handle overclocking on an i5 so there's no need to buy a prefilled liquid cooler (unless you want one in your build ofc :) )

I have set al links to the parts in the first message there are the prices and the my budged us around 700 a 730 euros

okay 700 to 730 it is, i'll try and see if i can come up with a reasonable compromise :)

If I was you I would try to squeeze a 660TI into you budget as their is a reasonably large performance difference between the Non-TI and the TI.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 770 Direct CU II OC | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX | PSU: Coolermaster G750M | RAM: Patriot Viper 3 16GB 1600MHz | Boot Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Storage Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Green 1.5TB | Case: Nzxt Phantom 410 (White, Black Trim) | Lighting: 30cm Blue LED | OS: Windows 10 Pro<p>

yes but where do I take the €100 that I need for the TI from.

Sorry, where I live (U.K) there is only a £40 difference between the 2 cards. Never knew it would cost that much more.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 770 Direct CU II OC | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX | PSU: Coolermaster G750M | RAM: Patriot Viper 3 16GB 1600MHz | Boot Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Storage Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Green 1.5TB | Case: Nzxt Phantom 410 (White, Black Trim) | Lighting: 30cm Blue LED | OS: Windows 10 Pro<p>

Hm... here goes nothing: Build suggestion. I looked up all the prices on tweakers.

Not sure if you'll like it that way, but given that you did seem interested in the possibility of overclocking a 3570k was the CPU to go for so i had to find the best price/performance motherboard in the Z77 line-up to avoid any silly problems. I'm aware it might not be very appealing with that brownish pcb, but in the review it was a good overclocker (went over 4.4 with a 3770k).

As for the other major change in hardware on the list, the MSI TF 660OC, not knowing your reason for choosing the Asus 660 DCII, i though i'd take a risk and pick another one from the line-up that's actually quite close to it, but some 40 euros (for now) cheaper. From what i've seen and heard (even in videos from Linus actually) the Twin Frozr is a good cooler and the GPU is clocked only 40hz lower than the Asus model (you can try and close that gap yourself, should definitely be possible).

In the end i somehow landed on exactly 730 -.- But that's only based on a price-watcher list and i don't actually know how easy it would be to order them from each individual online retailer.

As for the build itself, and given my self-doubts, i hope that at least a few members will give it a look over and offer their opinion on it.

thanks for the research.
I had chosen the Asus gtx 660 TOP because the reviews on the gtx 660 where pretty good and the gtx 660 oc was the overklockt version if it and the gtx 660 TOP the overclockt version of the gtx 660 oc
I will look up al reviews on al the products that you given to me later to day and the prices

edit:

I have found all products and the prices some are cheaper than expected

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/niekster/saved/1y3q

15 euro less, that's good :)

so when's the build due? we gonna see pics of the whole process right? :P

you gonna get pics of the process indeed

i'm gonna build the pc after i'm past my exams so in june i'm gonna build an order the parts that i need :D

cool

just mentioning it, the MSI TF660OC is on sale right now so that's why it's so cheap (at least on the site i saw there), so yo might want to secure it already, but yeah.. it's up to you since it's not my place to tell you what to do with your money :D i only made some suggestions to improve the experience of your first build :)

Here's what i looked at: WV Could be the same site. Oh... until June you could monitor the prices, you could use the price-alert function from tweakers in case one of your components is on sale or a discount. If you're lucky enough you'll get to save some more on your build :)

i have that site as whell but there is't discount it's just to show you how much diverents there is with the opponent or some thing like that 

and the price alert is a good tip i'm ganna use that tanks :D