Pixel 3A sound not working.

Jae Tee

This is apparently a known issue with the 3A that sometimes the speaker does not work. It is under most circumstances software not hard ware as it only doesn't work in certain apps, like calling. Wondering if there is a known fix or planned patch for this, as I've tried most of the obvious 1's already.  

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

6 hours ago, Jae Tee said:

This is apparently a known issue with the 3A that sometimes the speaker does not work. It is under most circumstances software not hard ware as it only doesn't work in certain apps, like calling. Wondering if there is a known fix or planned patch for this, as I've tried most of the obvious 1's already.  

I'm not sure what the obvious fixes you tried are, but have you tried reinstalling the affected apps? Or perhaps a full factory reset if it isn't the hardware? I've owned the 3a since launch and have never heard of or experienced this particular audio glitch.

14 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

I'm not sure what the obvious fixes you tried are, but have you tried reinstalling the affected apps? Or perhaps a full factory reset if it isn't the hardware? I've owned the 3a since launch and have never heard of or experienced this particular audio glitch.

1 of the apps in question was the built in calling app, and yes a total system reset has been attempted.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

11 hours ago, Jae Tee said:

1 of the apps in question was the built in calling app, and yes a total system reset has been attempted.

Well if your system is updated and you've already reset it, then could it be hardware related? Like a manufacturer defect perhaps? Or maybe it was dropped or something. How long ago did this start happening?

13 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

Well if your system is updated and you've already reset it, then could it be hardware related? Like a manufacturer defect perhaps? Or maybe it was dropped or something. How long ago did this start happening?

This has been on going, but the issue is in other apps it works just fine, like video playback for example.