My 212 Fan stopped working. Artic F12 case fan an OK replacement?

Hello fellow Linusians,

I have a 4907K @ 1.32 volts and 4.8 ghz with a 212 Evo on it. I turned my PC on yesterday and instantly noticed my temps were 15+ degrees higher. After a little trouble shooting it was obvious my Evo's fan was locked up and refused to spin. I had an Artic F-12 case fan laying around and used it to replace the Evo fan. I don't see any issues using a case fan to replace a CPU fan but I thought I would ask you fine people if there is any concerns.  Top temps are virtually identical under my OC stress test at 85c and my idle temps drop down to 25c. Under regular work loads I'm still in the 50-70 range. Is there any reason to replace the fan with a fan built for a CPU? 

CURRENT PC     

CPU:  Intel Core i7 4790K (4.89 Ghz @ 1.345v)

GPU:  ASUS Nvidia GTX 1650 Super @ 1950 Mhz Core Clock + 14800 Mhz DDR6

MOBO:  Asrock Z97 Anniversary 

MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 - 32GB @ 1900 Mhz
STORAGE:  Samsung Evo 860 500GB, Samsung Evo 840 250GB, Samsung QVO 860 1TB, Samsung QVO 860 1TB (Boot, Boot, Storage and Storage)

A regular case fan (or just regular fan rather) will work just like your included CPU cooler fan would.

It's just that for heatsink fans you want to look for static pressure optimised fans, whereas the F12 looks more like an open airflow optimised fan, but if the temps you're getting are similar to the original fan, then you're good.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

16 minutes ago, apv507 said:

Hello fellow Linusians,

I have a 4907K @ 1.32 volts and 4.8 ghz with a 212 Evo on it. I turned my PC on yesterday and instantly noticed my temps were 15+ degrees higher. After a little trouble shooting it was obvious my Evo's fan was locked up and refused to spin. I had an Artic F-12 case fan laying around and used it to replace the Evo fan. I don't see any issues using a case fan to replace a CPU fan but I thought I would ask you fine people if there is any concerns.  Top temps are virtually identical under my OC stress test at 85c and my idle temps drop down to 25c. Under regular work loads I'm still in the 50-70 range. Is there any reason to replace the fan with a fan built for a CPU? 

If you're happy with the noise and temps, nothing wrong with it at all.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

8 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

A regular case fan (or just regular fan rather) will work just like your included CPU cooler fan would.

It's just that for heatsink fans you want to look for static pressure optimised fans, whereas the F12 looks more like an open airflow optimised fan, but if the temps you're getting are similar to the original fan, then you're good.

Okay that's what I figured. Thanks!

CURRENT PC     

CPU:  Intel Core i7 4790K (4.89 Ghz @ 1.345v)

GPU:  ASUS Nvidia GTX 1650 Super @ 1950 Mhz Core Clock + 14800 Mhz DDR6

MOBO:  Asrock Z97 Anniversary 

MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 - 32GB @ 1900 Mhz
STORAGE:  Samsung Evo 860 500GB, Samsung Evo 840 250GB, Samsung QVO 860 1TB, Samsung QVO 860 1TB (Boot, Boot, Storage and Storage)