I have a question about overclocking

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Ah well its an ok overclock then. Just making sure he didnt input lethal voltage. 

What's a "lethal voltage"? 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

1 minute ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

too much voltage can damage or kill a processor but it sounds like your sisters friend knows what hes doing. but i dont think he got your gpu clock to 5000+ mhz LUL

1 minute ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Voltage that will degrade the CPU in a relativly short ammount of time. 

Just now, spartaman64 said:

too much voltage can damage or kill a processor but it sounds like your sisters friend knows what hes doing

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Voltage that will degrade the CPU in a relativly short ammount of time. 

So the overclock he did for me is "sweet" or just "meh" ? 

This is my first overclocked system. lol. 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

Just now, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Seems about average considering it was stable at 4200mhz. 

There are some gems that do higher, but also some that stop at 4100mhz. 

3 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

This is my first overclocked system. lol. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

the 3700x is sort of meh but its ok. the gpu clocks are just impossible i think maybe you are reading them wrong or something LUL

edit: actually idk what cooler you use so with a stock cooler maybe he cant go higher with the temps

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

So still good enough. ❤️

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

the 3700x is sort of meh but its ok. the gpu clocks are just impossible i think maybe you are reading them wrong or something LUL

He bios flashed the card for me to an RX5700xt before he started overclocking the gpu. So I kinda got him to cheat a little bit. 

Just now, StrawberryShortCakes said:

So still good enough. ❤️

He bios flashed the card for me to an RX5700xt before he started overclocking the gpu. So I kinda got him to cheat a little bit. 

the boost clock of the 5700 xt is 1905mhz so maybe you can get it in the 2000 something but 5000 is impossible. also the default memory clock is 1755mhz so he downclocked the memory slightly?

4 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

the boost clock of the 5700 xt is 1905mhz so maybe you can get it in the 2000 something but 5000 is impossible. also the default memory clock is 1755mhz so he downclocked the memory slightly?

Don't know the note he gave me 

Memory 1752

Bio clock 5082

5 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Don't know the note he gave me 

Memory 1752

Bio clock 5082

idk what bio clock means and apparently i misread the default memory clock and the default is like 950mhz

Just now, spartaman64 said:

idk what bio clock means and apparently i misread the default memory clock and the default is like 950mhz

Yeah well I'm a overclocking noob. Don't feel too bad. 

23 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

2100MHz is the limit set by AMD. You can get pst it but I think it requires physics modding of the card.