Audiolab's Q-DAC with AKG Q701's

cosmo41

Hey guys, just some questions regarding the Q-DAC and/or 701's - I have a pair of 701's that I need to be driven, and from my own research the Q-DAC seems to be where it's at.

So my question, has anyone here had experience with either of these pieces of hardware, and if so, could you throw me some advice on whether to splurge on the Q-DAC, or is there something (hopefully) a little cheaper that will help the 701's perform well?

Thanks!

An O2/ODAC is a solid performer and cheaper, but admittedly not as nice a form factor (everything's on the front panel - ick!).

An O2/ODAC is a solid performer and cheaper, but admittedly not as nice a form factor (everything's on the front panel - ick!).

No it's not?

No it's not?

Oh, Mayflower Rep. 

So I was looking at the O2 + ODAC combo, the price point is compelling but having neither units at my location, I have no idea how I can compare. Any thoughts on how my 701's will sound with your unit, and any comparisons between your unit and the Q-DAC would be much appreciated. 

I'm really looking for solid value per $, if that helps...

I think I rather have everything on the front panel because the Q-DAC looks ugly O.o

You aint the only O2 builder tho

Well, they should get on my level. ;)

Oh, Mayflower Rep. 

So I was looking at the O2 + ODAC combo, the price point is compelling but having neither units at my location, I have no idea how I can compare. Any thoughts on how my 701's will sound with your unit, and any comparisons between your unit and the Q-DAC would be much appreciated. 

I'm really looking for solid value per $, if that helps...

I've never heard/seen the Q-DAC so I can't comment.

Right now the o2/ODAC is $239.99, and for a benchmark performing amp/DAC I think that's good value but that's up to you to decide.